• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THe penis enlarger? :D

I wish!!!!

On that note, I got some free samples of "Male Performance Enhancing Pills" in the mail(supplement companies love sending free crap out). Didn't do **** lol.

dune

Reaction score

I think the huge volume of pull ups im doing is helping my pressing motions. Feel much sturdier when I press. Could also be the wraps though. 36kg per arm for 3x5 on the db overhead press flew up today, usually it's a bit hard. Will give 38s a try next time. I am so excite to get to 42.5kg on either the db incline or db overhead press (I only have a 4kg per arm difference between overhead and low incline wtf) so that I can use the big black weights (BBW lol) made by gypsey gym owner instead of the store bought ones, which go from 2-40kg. It's really weird though, he made them all with really skinny handles, they go up to 75kg and the handles are still tiny on those ones.

The more you post about pull ups the more I want to use the pull up bar I have at home - but that **** hurts like hell right now, so I have to wait for my tattoo to heal first.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch his leg video, it's so lolzy/very creepy. He's got a raging erection for the entire thing.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to train in his old stomping grounds, though he was never there.

I also feel like i have a groin strain or something. right at the top of my hipbone when I sit for long periods of time.

I don't think it's a hernia but it's right in that area.

Going to yoga tomorrow to see if it fixes it.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also feel like i have a groin strain or something. right at the top of my hipbone when I sit for long periods of time.

Your hip-bone as is your iliac crest? The part you feel when you put your hands on your hips?

250px-Pelvis_diagram.png

That would be a somewhat unusual location for a hernia. A lot of times, pain in that location is caused by bursitis. If ice and ibuprofen help, you're probably dealing with an inflammatory response(bursitis) rather than a hernia. Which is nice, because it'll likely resolve on its own and won't require surgery.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My good friend used to lift there before they closed

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More on the inside/groin area. I've had an ingrunal hernia on the other side and it's in that general area

5th avenue gym? What was your buddy's name/whatd he look like?

Nikolo

Reaction score

Watch his leg video, it's so lolzy/very creepy. He's got a raging erection for the entire thing.

I feel like if this were true, it would be all over the internet.

No cola bear.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kinda skinny guy?

otherwise, don't know him.

LM16

Reaction score
Do share. I have low back issues and this would help the instability.
It's a podcast with Helene Byrne - who focuses mostly on the prenatal side (search biojacked on itunes - it's #7 and #8 and it's free). I'll be trying to pull more actual hard studies for me to look at when I get a bit more time this week. I've also just about finished up a very extensive article on low back rehab/prehab that you may find helpful which documented my recovery from a herniated L5 and SI joint back in October.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads