Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

this is fucking embarassing..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If I beg too, will it help?

Please stop.
    Please stop.
    Please stop.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Let us end this debate by seeing who is the most aesthetic/biggest lifts.

I bet im on loads of people block lists, maybe not so much in this thread, but in sw&d. I have no one on my block lists, everyons lolzy.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

You're my favourite poster in this thread. :schlurp:

5. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

New PR just now after finishing up smolov, did 450x1 no belt and no knee wraps. Almost got pinned but I managed somehow, was just saying heels,heels,heels inside my head and it worked. Seeing stars afterwards. [​IMG]

Added 40lbs to my squat, so overall I think Smolov was a fun experience for me since I love squatting. Only did through the base mesocycle.
    Everyone should at least do it once. [​IMG]

6. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Recently people are staring at me when I lift. Have they never seen people snatch or C&J before? Would prefer they keep to the cable machine doing that abs exercise where it looks like they're trying to suck their own dick.

Got light-headed when going for 140kg front squat yesterday. Luckily was able to get it on the rack before passing out. Guess it was pinching a blood vessel or something. Kinda scary, but collected myself and got back under it a few minutes later with success. Unfortunately, I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to get a lot stronger.... since my C&J PR is about 10kg under my 1RM front squat.

7. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm 30 lbs lighter and he and I lift approximately the same ratios to bodyweight. I'd call it a tie.

8. LM16

LM16 Senior member

I definitely do have a wider waist - mainly from all the oblique and off-set carries work I do that I find helps my squat and pull. If there was one thing I could do it would be to reduce that a bit - I've been reading up on some new research on how to bring the pelvic floor and transverse abdominals back in tight. Apparently pregnant women (which is oddly enough how I found out more about this from a friend who was looking to tighten back up and asked me to research more), powerlifters and strongman, as well as bodybuilders (mainly because modern usage includes a lot of GH for bodybuilders) really have issues with this diastasis and you can train your body to fix the issue. I'll probably do some sort of self-trial with pictures over a 12 week period and see if I can make any noticeable changes - though it'll be slightly hard to isolate the variables.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

Do share. I have low back issues and this would help the instability.

10. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Two random thoughts from squats today:

1. Tried to use the Robertson approach. Felt like I wasnt getting enough depth by "sitting back." It seemed to just result in my butt/hips shooting back. Then needed to use my quads/hamstrings to actually get depth. I am sure I am doing it wrong.

2. Nagging groin injury always feels better after squatting. I wonder if that means the nagging pain is just scar tissue that I need to break-up. Going to see a doctor soon.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

Axelman: could also mean that getting blood to the area helps.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think the huge volume of pull ups im doing is helping my pressing motions. Feel much sturdier when I press. Could also be the wraps though. 36kg per arm for 3x5 on the db overhead press flew up today, usually it's a bit hard. Will give 38s a try next time. I am so excite to get to 42.5kg on either the db incline or db overhead press (I only have a 4kg per arm difference between overhead and low incline wtf) so that I can use the big black weights (BBW lol) made by gypsey gym owner instead of the store bought ones, which go from 2-40kg. It's really weird though, he made them all with really skinny handles, they go up to 75kg and the handles are still tiny on those ones.

13. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Agreed. Do you think I can deduce anything about the nature of the injury from that or do all injuries behave this way?

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

New tub of XTend came in today. Green Apple yummmmmmm :happy:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  15. gort

gort Senior member

THe penis enlarger? :D