Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Srs, a lot of the equipment at my gym is made by gypseys with blow torch. We used to have a shit car outside for people to push, but the gym is next to this place where hobo people go to find work and we got rid of it because hobos were living in it. Got a log, cambered bar, a bunch of dumbbells, prowler, sled, yoke and farmers handles made by gypseys too. They gonna make a safety squat bar soon. A while ago he made a rope climb thing and it broke when someone was about 30 feet up.

TK your arms are berutiful, bigger and leaner then mine. You is Aesthetics.

LM16, u r not modern aesthetics, waist to bulky trapz too big. DYEL?

not srs

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

3. LM16

LM16 Senior member

More of a byproduct than unintentional. Lift heavy shit + dialing in nutrition = something at least not terrible. Plus I refuse to be one of those coaches that can't throw down. If I'm helping others and getting paid well to do so then you sure as hell better believe I'm going to look the part.

4. LM16

LM16 Senior member

Just keep on trainin hard and eatin big. Solution to 99% of the problems in the gym. As far as this being a styleforum and me not caring about aesthetics - I'll be perfectly honest and say I came here first to get my name out amongst those that were most likely hoping to look better physically and possibly pick up some new clients. I also enjoy dressing nice and was googling tailor made shirts and this place popped up so it was a win win.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Wednesdays my favourite lifting day. Spend an hour banging out 100 pull ups then I do a few sets of db overhead presses and lateral raises. I love pull ups, a few weeks ago I hated them because I was shit at them, but you progress so fast.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

i hate pullups with the burning fire of a thousand suns, am tempted to buy a lat pulldown setup but i fear i would be pussifying myself.

one-arm rows on the other hand are great. seated band rows are awesome, everytime i do them my back + traps +arms get domsed up so good.

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

hahaha i'm the opposite--I'm so sick of one-armed rows. I've od'ed on them I think.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

wtf how huge a band do you have? I can't see that working. Are you doing like 200 rep sets? ego comes in too much when I do db rows, kroc row errytime. I usually use a 45 or 50kg db with them. Should really use a 30 prob and have no torso movement at all.

A few weeks ago I could only do like 3-5 pull ups in a set, hated them. Hitting 8-10 on all sets and maxing at 12. I think it was mainly just not being used to the motion not strength.

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Rockin the rows with an 85 lb like a boss. No body movement.

Wearing a tank top and bending over to row and caching a glimpse of myself in the mirror = massive ego boost.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

i just loop a band around the rack and do sets of 20 - think about doing a seated 1-arm cable row, but with a band instead.

and mental fatigue always gets me with pullups - when im rowing i always hit physical/form failure whereas doing pullups it takes about 6 or 7 before im thinking about how much this sucks and how i want to stop

i wasnt doing them for awhile and missed them greatly. hate bb rows, dont like pullups even though that's probably a sign i need to grind on them, so 1 arm rows are my saviour

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah thats what I don't like about them. Rows you can rest for a second then continue going. If I rest on pull ups I lose tightness through my upper back and my scapula retract and its a massive bitch to start the pull from that position.

BB rows are just shit.

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

lol Well, it is good to know that even though you don't know what my goals are, you are pretty sure that you are progressing more quickly towards them than I am. You're an idiot.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Probably going to start with Allpro's routine, yet I need some clarification. I know Squats, Bench Press and Bent over rows are 4 sets total (2 warm up and 2 working sets), but what about Overhead Barbell Presses, SLDL's, barbell curls, and calf caises? Is it 2 or 4 sets?

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

srsly, your ability to drag a meaningless, pedantic slapfight on and on and on in the name of saving face is second to none. rustled jimmies and all, you still don't understand what im trying to say, so

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm gonna hide this in the blocked msg. Trust me, i would have quit a long time ago, but Jarude will never let anyone else get the last word in, which is just lulzy to me. See next post.