Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

2. kimchimonster

kimchimonster Member

Here you go:

Mark Bell's a pretty awesome dude and he squats over 1000 pounds equipped.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Mark Bells always seemed really cool to me. In bigger stronger faster and his help channel he's always came off well.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Did you enjoy the arbitrary constraint of ceasing your grip training in favor of straps? like i said, there's no issue if you're cognizant of the fact that you're selling yourself short on your progress by training within arbitrary constraints. if its your goal to train within said constraints and willfully sacrifice greater progress simply because you want to limit the tools you have at your disposal, then so be it. this isnt even me being sarcastic, either... seriously dude, whatever floats your boat. if your goals involve training in a manner where you aren't going to make maximal progress, that's fine - just make sure that you're okay with it. that was my point, something i fear you missed.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

I've got a friend with a triple body weight deadlift (only trained for a year too and he's 17, am jelly) if he pulls with a mixed grip or straps. He no longer pulls with a mix grip because he's developed some fear of tearing his bicep and he thinks it'll make his traps look weird. He has midget hands, can't even hook grip because his thumbs to small to get around the bar. Like his hands are the size of that of a small girls, weird shit. He's got huge forearms, but he still can't grip 140kg, but he can pull 230kg with straps. He has no intention of competing ever. I will inform him tomorrow that his using straps on deadlifts and his 75kgx20 rep dumbbell rows is really limiting his progress, he should sacrifice the massive quad, glute, hamstring, lats, trap, rhomboides, abs and errectors gains by dropping his dead to 120kg and his row to like 30kg and build back up to until he can use double overhand. Forearms are the most important muscle in your body, they're used for wanking.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

o Don't worry. According to Jarude, he can pinch some plates to get that grip right up to speed.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Jesus you two, get a room!!

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

srsly getting kinda embarrassing itt. my post was well-reasoned enough to solicit several thoughtful replies, so i certainly shouldn't have to spell it out for him given that other people are able to understand what i was saying. its not a comprehension issue, and it certainly isn't a validity issue, so it must be the butthurt. im at a loss to explain it any other way; i literally cannot use the word "straps" without rustling his jimmies.

sober bros, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_alcohol was one sad read. i've recently had to deal with a recovering addict and its shitty to see things like permanent cognitive impairment manifest itself in a public forum. can anyone here relate?

9. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

He can deadlift 3X his bodyweight, so he can use whatever the hell he wants. When you can deadlift 3X your bodyweight (or even squat 2X your bodyweight), you will be allowed to use the wraps and belt. Until then, you look like a wannabe.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

You squat in running shoes, you're advice is invalidated. Was not even discussing belts or wraps.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Look at this pussy wearing a belt and straps. Fucking wannabe, does he even lift? Really limiting his progress. Not even pulling triple body weight.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

11. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

:lol:

12. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Nothing wrong with squatting in Chucks, or barefoot for that matter, so long as you've got the hip mobility to handle it.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

I know, I squatted in chucks for ages and before I owned chucks I squatted barefoot. Didn't mean chucks when I said running shoes.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a single topic that could be brought up in this thread that wouldn't result in 3 pages of bitching back and forth.

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Finally back in the gym. Starting off slowly though. Just did squats, OH squats, incline db bench, flyes, and abs. Felt pretty good and im ready to start building back up. Ive lost 7lbs in two weeks and my pants are noticeably looser, gotta get my legs aesthetic again.