Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If you'd like, I could go all bro-sciency on you and start talking about Mind-Muscle Connection. :embar:

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I believe those are called "nerves" :teach:

4. wsuhhishbren

wsuhhishbren New Member

sup dudes

funnily enough i've been lurking on SF for a while but not until seeing this thread was i inspired to post
    lots of good info here, i'm excited to learn

i'm doing madcows 5x5 myself right now (though i'm still more of a beginner than an intermediate, jumped the gun on that one) finishing a bulk, but unfortunately i've had to cut out the squats for the past 3 weeks because of an ankle injury. gonna be healed up in about a week though, it'll be interesting to see what happens then. my current gym doesn't have a power rack...

also i'm a skinny fat fuck right now (around 20% bf) so i'm cutting in july (trying out some of lyle mcdonald's stuff! why not...). i'm open to easily obtainable cutting supps, anybody have any recommendations (EC)? all i take right now is the standard multi, fish oil, calcium, + green tea extract.

SF x Lifting = oh yes

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

camp day 1 is done, exhausted as hell. fucking awesome though, 5 coaches, 15 or so lifters nothing but snatch clean and fs twice a day

i was thinking knucks would love this shit the whole time

EC helps a bit with energy, what with ephedrine being a stimulant and all. decent appetite suppression too, give it a go if you're looking for a decent cutting aid. not a magic bullet though, still need to dial in your diet and training.

e. inb4 equestrian bronchodilators

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

Grang you make finland sound like a paradise of drunkenness, hockey, blondes and oly lifting. Hook up work permit tia

Sent from my Vox using Tapatalk

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Finally got round to correcting my pelvic tilt, only been doing it like 5 days but i can already notice a difference, it is easier to hold the pelvis straight and keep an upright posture, so im guessing the hip flexors are stretching out, its starting to feel more natural.

Enjoying the lyle mcdonald routine, still on a "run up" week before i start trying to add weight, but its much less boring than 3 x 5. Diet is in check, so time will tell if its as productive as a strength based bulk.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng dat feel man, feels good man.

Starting another cycle soon.

After doing like 5 or 600 pull ups in 2 weeks my lats are looking bigger.

10. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I have an anterior pelvic tilt and should probably get more serious about correcting it. What have you been doing?

11. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Been keeping it really simple as i know i wont be bothered to do it otherwise. Just foam rolling both sides for 30 seconds or so, then doing the "lunge" type stretch below. I just push it as hard and far as i can so it hurts, and hold it for 60 seconds, twisting your torso away from the back leg stretches it more. Its pretty hard and painful. I just do that twice for each leg twice a day, and then focus on flexing my abs and pulling my pelvis straight during the day

[​IMG]

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Pussy brah who keeps posting about the gym on fb just posted "Your workout is my warmup..." as his status. WTF IS WITH RETARDS WHO THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY GO TO THE GYM FOR A MONTH THEY'RE SWOLE. He's some 120lb hipster faggot who probably can't pull 135lb. He also keeps liking ronnie coleman and other famous body builders. Should make a video of myself pulling 200kg and post saying inradesting warm up.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

thats good but you should also pay attention to strengthening the core

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Yeah probably should. Are deadlifts enough for core work? Most ab exercises also tighten the hip flexors from what i have been reading, which is part of the reason i dont do any. Also because i hate doing abs.

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

If the reason you hate doing abs is because you hate doing countless amounts of crunches....then I'm with you on that one. There are far more effective ways to train your abs than doing hundreds of crunches.