1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

X-mas food has the worst macros.

I was so stoked about all the free food I would get now that I'm back at my family's place, but then I checked some of it out. Thought meatballs were gonna be good but they're 14g protein and 17g fat per 100g. Salmon and sausage are even worse.

Guess I'll be chugging down chicken, tuna and protein powder in between meals...

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Btw, the meet for February 16th got pushed back to the 9th so that fucked up my planning and overload cycle.

So it looks like I will be shooting for the May 18th meet and some bigger numbers.

Hoping to crank out about:

• Squat - 550-570
    • Bench - 350-370
    • Deadlift - 600-625

:slayer:

4 people like this.
  3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

It probably has more to do with a combination of nutrition, training regimen overall (and rest, PEOPLE DONT REST ENOUGH and I dont just mean between sets), or the saddest reply of thats just how genetics screwed you.

For me, I love lifting. So if any day I feel too tired and that leads me to not want to lift, then I take that day off and make sure I get good rest. I feel like in most cases its my body telling me, slow down bud!

edit: Those are some impressive numbers mr-cb. I hope someone records it! And good luck!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

my coach would say just squat more, but since we're in different sports i guess it'd be good to maybe elaborate

are you falling forward or is it just a lack of strength?

1 person likes this.
  5. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

I found an article saying that ectomorphs need more rest and that endomorphs recover faster

1 person likes this.
  6. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I believe it. Their bodies tend to lean less towards an anabolic state in the first place.

7. Towers

Towers Senior member

Hasn't the whole somatotype thing been roundly disproven? IIRC the guy who came up with it wasn't even a doctor or a trainer, but a psychologist or some bullshit.

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

His theory was that this also correlated with psychological parameters, in that sense yes. As far as the idea that if you are lean you tend to be because your body has its homeostatic balance at that point, and shifting it is extremely difficult, no.

9. Towers

Towers Senior member

Okay, just so long as no one trots out their somatotype as the reason why they are fat I can live with this.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's more of a crutch a bunch of guys use.

1 person likes this.
  11. Towers

Towers Senior member

This has been my experience as well.

12. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

If you lift hard, rest hard, and eat smart you will definitely get big. Barring some metabolic disorder, even the skinniest dude can be pretty darn big. In fact, most of those guys when they really put effort in end up up with a very aesthetic body!

That being said, they probably wont win IFBB.

So ya, the take home is if you do the work you will look much better compared to where you started. No matter where that start point is. :slayer:

13. Towers

Towers Senior member

I don't know if somatotype has a lot to do with that, have you seen pictures of lee priest in the off season?

[​IMG]

Endomorph as hell.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Dude takes dbol and ish up the ass and lord knows what else. I am pretty sure being endo helps him since the roinds shift your cardio profile to burn more fat etc when you do cut.

In general if you are enhanced then any and all rules can theoretically go out the window. But still, If I took one of the stick thin kids and gave em a hard regimen and the same drug cocktail as lee, they probs wont turn out nearly as big.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think most people on 50 IUs of insulin, 10IUs of hgh and a couple grams of gear a week are gonna get massive assuming they can eat enough.

16. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

ya but naturally bigger dudes will get more massive on the same regimen. thats my point

and for nattys like me the upper limit is much lower to the ground. And when i mean natty i mean not even whey powder haha!

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'd totally do some growth

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah man, I heard dat der creatine is some pretty potent shit.

From what i've read Hgh by itself doesn't really do much for muscle size and very little at all for strength.

19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

lol I wasn't saying that.

Don't just assume that I am some gym newbie! I know the limits of things like creatine and whey protein. I just meant I don't use any supplements. Bad experiences, and my investigation into the quality control of supplements (not just bb supps, things like fish oil, vitamin E, etc) is just SCARY. EAS got into trouble a few years back because if you took more than 1.5 scoops a day you exceeded your RDA for heavy metals! There actually is an independant comission that checks for quality but only like general population supplements (so like multivits etc).

My point was that if you are not eating precisely and not supplementing, your body type will really alter your outcomes.

As for HGH, nobody realllly knows. The only clinical trials were in old men. That is a very different neuroendocrine environment than someone in their 20-40s.

20. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Actually my personal experience with creatine was pretty unimpressive. Not worth the price for maybe one more rep in a work out. Maybe at competitive levels it matters?