Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I would be your combo breaker. 5'11" 160lbs

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

lol coach rolled me into regional training camp over the w/e

3. acularw

acularw Senior member

Curious to hear what you eat in a typical day. I only do a 500cal surplus in 8 hours and find I am choking down food sometimes (like if I am working on dry chicken breast #2).

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

It's mainly just normal bodybuilding-type food with a tonnnnn of peanut butter superimposed. Throughout the day I'll have 3-4 corn tortillas covered with 2 servings of peanut butter. Each one ends up being around 400 calories. It's pretty easy to get calories in that way.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Enjoying doing leg press, i've never really done it before other than to see how much i could do. 3 sets of 10-12 with low foot position is hitting the quads hard and getting major DOMs. Dont feel so bad about not squatting now, and am wearing short shorts to the gym to help with motivation to regain some quads.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

parallel box squats seem like ez mode after paused squatting balls deep, maybe im not doing it right

7. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Wait.

Training general aerobic capacity isn't useful for a maximal aerobic power sport? Doing excessive technical work in one of the latest entry sports is pointless?

At both my clubs we share some facilities with the rowers and while the U23 guys and girls train better than the university crews, its still way less weights than anyone else would rationally use for a sport which involves pulling two heavy oars through the water. Meanwhile, all the flatwater kids are being assigned chins by the thousand (like, 12x12 is a U16 workout really, sorry fuji), have an unhealthy obsession with bench press (which is changing to be more balanced) and do less 2 hour steady workouts, more miles, 1km and 2km workouts in a week in the winter than rowers ever do in a month and then switch to rowing in university and get in on the 8+s as first years.

Sorry. Rowing needs help, and its good that you're doing it. Just frustrating to see them train like garbage while we train well and people ask if we row.

I realize this is a very :foo:y rant

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah there piss easy if you don't pause them. Still fairly easy even if you do pause them.

9. Flame

Flame Senior member

Another one here, 5'10 @ 155, squatted a 100 kg for 3 reps on Tuesday.:D

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

i probably need to do more of these... no excuses since my gym has two perfect plyo boxes (one that puts me just over parallel and one that puts me 1-2" below)

11. LM16

LM16 Senior member

Definitely sounds like a frustrating thing to watch at your club. Hopefully in time things will improve both there and for the sport as a whole to bring it up to speed in terms of proper strength and conditioning and actual training modalities.

12. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Haha that was way more rant-y than I meant it to be. oops. :embar:

13. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

178lbs today after my stupid two hour shift this morning (had a yoghurt for breakfast and a few pints of water but sweated quite a lot). Need to eat a Burger King each day before work to maintain my weight, feelsgoodman.

Are squat racks hard to put up on your own? Want to do it tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning but my dad might not be around to help me.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

no, should be easy. what one did you get??

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Been eating home made dim sum the last few days pre workout. Feels good man.