1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

I am neither of these. Feels bad man.

Glad I stopped being skinny asian fashion bro and started squatting at a young age. Will hopefully be on that 200+ 10% bf time by the end of uni.

2. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

dude ballet with kicking is so on point. -_- the most useless martial arts ever. even competition tae kwon do is just who can touch other person's armor with their foot.

holy shit dude. you could dunk? i added oly lifting so i can dunk one day. i'm shooting for at least 247.5 bp by the end of the year (1.5x bw). i think i can reasonably get 255.

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah tkd competitions are dumb as fuck. I remember the first and last one I went to. I was selected out of my tkd dojo because I was the best at jumping around and shit. So I got flown to texas to compete and got thrown out of the competition in the first round. Dude was fast but I was just standing there and blocking everything waiting for an opening.. After his power kicks, he kept exposing his head right in front of me like a target. So I threw a right hook to his head that knocked him down. And APPARENTLYYYYY I wasn't allowed to hit him in the head with my fists (which is dumb as fuck), so I got a warning. I did it again about 15 seconds later and they deducted a point (so it was 0 to -1 at that moment). I was told if I did it again I was going to be DQ'd. I tried to hold back but the idiot kept throwing his head right out in front of me so instinctively I did it again and got thrown out.

Texas sucked anyway.

Well if you think about it. 5'11 @ 125 pounds.. you don't need much force get me to the rim. A strong gust would knock me sideways.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

I've been in way too many real fights, to hold back a instinctive headshot when given the chance. I don't get non-submission based martial arts that don't allow headshots with your fists (i.e., tkd... which is the only one I can think of).

5. LM16

LM16 Senior Member

I wasn't saying that that was always the case - I've just personally seen and dealt with a lot of crossfit injuries - often related to poor olympic coaching as well as poor programming. I love the fact that crossfit gets people up off the couch and excited about training even though I don't agree with the training protocols for the most part. Definitely wasn't intending on coming off as bashing CF, I simply have a lot of experience dealing with clients that have had CF injuries. Also - at 48 I imagine you're beyond the ego stoking idiocy that you see in the teens/20's/even 30's of using too much fricken weight with crappy form for the sake of saying you got something.

6. Grayland

Grayland Distinguished Member

No offense taken at all and I appreciate your professional tone.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Bench PR of 3x250 today @172 bw, hope to pr squats next time

Everything was going well- I got new music that was I was feeling, got my heart rate up, got it easy and racked it. Felt like grinning ear to ear for 10 minutes. Love it when everything comes together at the gym.

8. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

I don't even lift with music anymore

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

Dont most people shoot for like 2-4lb per month gain on a clean bulk? 2lb per week is the rate i have gained at in the past and is pretty 'dirty' IMO.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Most don't bulk this fast. With intermittent fasting I've been able to gain the weight with minimal fat gain.

11. Grayland

Grayland Distinguished Member

What is your cycle for Intermittent Fasting? I downloaded Eat, Stop, Eat and it looks like it makes sense to me.

12. gort

gort Distinguished Member

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

I train at 8am with a serving of BCAAs beforehand and a serving of BCAAs at 11am. I start eating at 2pm and stop eating at 8pm with 200g of protein and enough carbs/fats to get me to a 1000 cal surplus.

14. LM16

LM16 Senior Member

15. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Miring dunk at 125lb. I can one hand at 6'3", but it's pretty shit looking. I'm not particularly explosive. I don't really know how to train for the verticle dunk. I can probably do it better now then I could last time I tried. Last time I dunked was at 210lb and im 185lb now.

Did some light work today. Just experimenting with foot and bar position. Dat feel when bro asks what your doing today and you say technique work and I have 300lb + 2 bands on the bar. Did 10 doubles with that. Might rack the bar a bit higher, fucking hurts though. Upper back was bleeding.

Gonna start adding some weight to my pull ups. Starting to get too easy. Threw in an easy 50 between sets.