1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Yeah that's sort of what I do for most lifts, which is rest paused sets. Most of my lift are 20-30rp meaning I do 3 sets to failure (i.e. as many reps as possible) and try to hit that rep total and if I do then plate up. I don't really do that for chins/pulls though, right now I do 3 sets and try to hit as many as possible and if I hit 8 on the first set plate up next time. My weight scheme is BW+35, BW, BW right now for those, and as I weight up basically turns into a rest paused drop set (I think my chest dip is BW+100, BW+90, BW+80 or something).

I think it'll just come over time. It'll really help when I cut down so I can transfer that body weight to plates hah.

I'm gonna stick with BB rows but I think back off the weight a bit to see if I can get the form down better. Maybe do DB rows for a short while to hit stabilizers and improve form/control before moving back to BB, I don't know.

PS I've been doing this to failure stuff for so long I don't think I could go back, I don't see how you guys can feel accomplished when you have more reps in you but stop, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. jarude

jarude Senior member

fwiw thats how ex trains people and you've been trained by him so... what was the routine he gave you anyways? i altered mine to work around no lower stuff and i made great size/strenght progress for months on it.

BB Row 3x6
    #3 band pullup 2xfailure
    #3 band chinup 2xfailure
    Band 1-arm seated row 2x20
    DB Shrug 3x15
    Prone trap raise 3x10
    Grip work: 2x30s static holds, 2x30s plate pinch

Tuesday - Lower bench
    Paused bench 2x5
    Paused db bench 2x10
    Slight Incline fly 2x10
    Band upright row 2x20
    Band pullapart 2x20
    Skullcrusher 2x10
    BB curl 2x10 SS/ w Band tricep pushdown 2x20

Thursday - Back
    Pullup - 20 reps total
    Chinup - 10 reps total
    DB Row 2x10
    BB Shrug 3x10
    Trap raise 3x10
    Grip work - 2x30s static holds, 2x30s plate pinch

Friday - Upper bench
    Pin press 2x5
    Guillotine press 2x10
    DB Pullover 2x10
    DB Shoulder press 2x10
    JM Press 2x10
    Band face pull 2x20
    DB Curl 2x10 SS w/ Band tricep pushdown 2x20

i would probably drop the pullups/chins on thursday and add in 2x5 deads 2x10 squats / 2x5 squats 2x10 deads rotating weekly for your purposes, but this was designed around my equipment limitations and preferences so yeah. this swoled me up pretty good though

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

^ I do use a lot of stuff I learned from EX. There was some stuff I didn't like though.

If I were to do zig zag, at 5'7 175lbs this would look right?

40% prot, 35% fat, 25% carbs

Monday 2468
    Tuesday 1974
    Wednesday 2961
    Thursday 2468
    Friday 2221
    Saturday 2714
    Sunday 2468

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yo RHET bros any of you in NYC tomorrow and want to come kill your gains at my birthday party?

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Okay. So I got my diet and program all worked out for the next 4 months. If i fuckin start talking about changing shit or my diet call me out for being a fat pussy. I'm actually going to sit down and write the next 4 months workouts down in my training log.. just so i know 100% where im going.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

can i just call you out for being a fat pussy now and get it out of the way? i think it'll save all of us a lot of effort.

1 person likes this.
  7. jarude

jarude Senior member

pulled pork/chicken day at work. loaded up a full plate of just meat, pretty sure i just ate a full pound. brb food coma

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

i know i need to up my meat consumption game here. will scour the fridge for leftovers, nothing quite like excess amounts of free broteins.

10. Towers

Towers Senior member

Same here, ate a giant plate of pulled pork and meatballs and am starting to doze off at my desk.

On average how much higher than a squat should a deadlift be? I feel like my dead is shameful low, but because I squat every day my back and legs are usually pretty roasted by the time i'm deadlifting, is there a broscience equation to figure out where my dead should be in relation to my other lifts?

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

pretty sure your dead should be higher than your squat

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

my god my sides:

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

what's the consensus on fapping before a workout? complete energy drain?

14. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Depends on physical anatomy.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

i think i read tyson would have sex before most his boxing matches

16. Towers

Towers Senior member

Yeah, but by how much? I'm repping 350 on my squat and only pulling 375 on my deadlift work set.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

depends on your leverages. When I pull sumo my ROM is tiny because I have very long arms so my deadlift has always been much stronger then my squat. Pulled 120kg when my squat was like 50kg when I just started. Seems to be the really strong raw lifters like stan efferding have lower deadlifts then there squats, don't know at what point that happens, seems to be at like 700lb.

18. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

In that chick's defense, I bet she was talking about the liquid shakes - Ensure, Muscle Milk, and whatnot - which aren't really a great deal, especially when compared to powder. U dun goofed, bro, you will never boink that duck mouthed skeletor now.

1 person likes this.
  19. suited

suited Senior member

If you're squatting 350 for legitimate reps, I don't think you should be the person asking questions, you should be answering them.

(unless you're a total newb who has been blessed with amazing genetics)

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anyone ever gotten an abdominal hernia? I think I either strained the shit out of an ab muscle, tore the shit out of an ab muscle, or blew that motherfucker out. Hurts.