Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Parallel low bar box squat ftw. Could probably get like 100kg or less if I went atg. If I don't use a box I end up sinking it too low anyway.

100 pull up day today, come at me lats.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Do you do anything other than box squat, pullup and occaisonal incline DB bench?

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

I do db overhead press, lateral raises, curls, tricep extensions and occasionally front squats and rack pulls. Don't really feel the need to do front squats or rack pulls right now though because of the huge volume of pull ups im doing. Used to do rows and straight arm pull downs, but doing pull ups now instead. I don't think you need to do particularly many movements.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i checked my internal rotation yesterday and it's like 40 degrees off the horizontal with the shoulders flat on the ground

i also did clean and jerks and barely hit my balls once :crazy:. i also realized at higher reps my arms get tired of pulling and my form gets naturally better

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

"There is no pull"

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I tried this exercise today as well as another one I found on mobility WOD where you rest your hands under your back and try to push your shoulders into the ground. My left shoulder has shockingly good internal rotation, I could rotate it almost 90 degrees while keeping my shoulder in contact with the floor. On the other hand, my right shoulder is a mess, it majorly pitches forward when I do the hand under the back test. While the internal rotation correct itself over time if I keep doing stretches like this?

Strange things I saw at the gym today:

- guy standing perpendicular to the smith machine doing one hand banded upright rows. Other arm was holding on to the top of the smith apparatus
    - guy doing front squats standing in a machine that he had moved into the rack. It is one of those small lower body machines that you hook your feet into and it supports your calves. Not quite sure how to describe it but it looks like it would a) make getting out of the hole very easy and b) potentially result in death if he fell backwards

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Sad moment today, guys.

I watched a 7/10 personal trainer instantly become a 4/10 when during one of my sets my headphones fell out and I heard her say the words "muscle confusion".

:(

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

My lats are Burning. 100 pull ups and some overhead press. Elbow sleeves make overhead press much easier, but I suppose it kind of is cheating. That massive rebound out of the hole.

Myprotein shipped me my order twice. Tysm myprotein for the free 10kg of protein and extra bottle of chalk.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

you fuck

jelly

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Wow, been a while since I've been here. Finally committing to this posture routine, wasn't able to before because it fucking kills me but after a few days I already feel an improvement.

Girlfriend ended up going on a PSMF (I gave her Lyle's Crash Diet book) which obviously sucks for her but she's committed and already lost I'm guessing 12-15 lbs (though she refuses to tell me how much because she doesn't want to jinx it haha). She's going to the gym three days a week and just bought a bike to bike the mile to work and back every day, which not only is helping with the diet but saving like $12 a day she'd normally spend in parking (which I called her absolutely fucking insane for paying). I'm pretty confident she'll be able to stick to it to meet her goals and transition off to a generally healthy diet without much weight gain.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast

Is she morbidly obese?

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I've been totally stuffed for over 24 hours now

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Welcome to my world.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

That's what she said?

15. knucks

knucks Senior member

Sup bros, got a suit coat today for $40 off eBay. Took it to tailors, $86 dollars later I will have it fitting well.