Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

i google searched and couldn't find anything other than face shots, the dude is a model though. based on that and the half-body shot i saw, he's typical model omg so toned. even though its cgi, that is one yoked humanoid. epic proportions.

2. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

I finally started lifting two weeks ago. My press, bench press, and deadlift technique are OK. However, I'm experiencing difficulty squatting using the low bar position. My upper arms and shoulders are not flexible enough. My hero Rip says I should stretch out over a couple of weeks. I haven't really noticed any improvement yet. Is there anything else I can do?

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Eugh ordered a bunch of lifting shit on sunday and it's all shit. Ordered a band, thought a number 2 would be ok for band dislocations. Too heavy to stretch out. Bought elbow sleeves for the golfers elbow. Really stiff sleeves, can barely bend my elbow. Not really fitness related, bought taylor of old bond street shaving cream. Don't like it, soap is too soft, prefer harder soap like proarso.

On the other hand my mum made calizones with ground pork and ricotta cheese. High protein and delicious.

4. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Did you watch the video on low-bar squat barbell positon?

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Taylor of Old Bond St is the fucking tits. I have soap not cream though.

6. LM16

LM16 Senior member

www.elitefts.com - great place to get bands from. Standardized and they have charts up to check tension levels. For band dislocations try this - http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=138&pid=246 As it gets easier you can choke up on it for more tension.

As far as elbow sleeves go with -

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Elbow...ZI1O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339505490&sr=8-2

I put a lot of abuse on them and they're still going strong. Good compression without cutting circulation off. Make sure the elastic bit that sticks out at the top is facing out - the sleeves appear as though they're reversible but there is definitely a side that is supposed to be against skin (there will be a bit of extra elastic at the top of the cuff that you can feel scratch your skin if you have it inside out).

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ha!!! Puked for the first time during a workout today after managing to get a PR. Squatted 315 x 10 for the first time, went to the bathroom, and had a nice little puke. Was a little upset I lost some of my PWO, but it got me through the set.:slayer:

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

<<<<<< DYEL

9. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Ugh I slept like balls and squatted a good 40 pounds less than last week.
    :fu:

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

did weighted planks yesterday w/ 60 kg. had to fucking roll out of bed this morning. awesome

don't squat low bar

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

squatted a measly 350x3x6 yesterday, following by 195x3x5 push press which was tough as fuck, followed by incline close grip bench with 195 and got pinned on my second of three sets. decided to call it a day then. :slayer:

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah I meant soap not cream. I haven't tried it yet, maybe it's amazing. Smells really nice, got sandle wood.

I think I'm just gonna ask gym owner if he wants to swap bands with me, he prob will because he has loads of the small bands and none of the one I have. I don't think EFS will ship to me because im in the UK. Elbow sleeve was quite good actually, no golfers elbow.

Really bad day at the gym today. Went 155kg for 8 on the cambered bar box squat. By the end of the set my vision was blurring and when I racked the bar I sliced by finger open pretty badly. Went to the front desk to get a bandage (luckily cunt brah wasn't working) after I put it on I fell over and woke up a few seconds later. Receptionist brah gave me a drink with 100g of carbs and I sat down for 10 minutes, decided it wasn't worth going for another set so i just did 50 pull ups, at least I got a PR even if it was just 1 set. Brahs who aren't progressing on the squat need to push harder nam sayin.

EDIT: FUUUUACK WAS TYPING THIS AS YOU WROTE ABOUT PUKING TKJTG. Getting sick from lifting brah 4 lyfe. I thought I was zyzzing, but then I woke up.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

+1

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

so fuckin sore today. benched 175 for 8 reps then had a litany of assistance exercises like tuck planche, incline press, and high rep low weight bench press.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

whats with all the low bar haters all of a sudden