Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

This shit cracks me up. If you can fit in them, they are monstrous. They pin all their fit pics to hell.

I feel I will never recover from this damn golfer's elbow.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I bought some elbow sleeves and a mini band today to try help with mine. Hoping the sleeve helps, went with elastic instead of neoprene, wanted more support. Also because im a gear whore. Brb squatting with a belt, oly shoes, knee sleeves and elbow sleeves.

3. LM16

LM16 Senior member

Just got back from Rowing Youth Nationals (I coach). Had 4 boats that qualified for nationals and had some decent racing though not quite what we were hoping for.

Men's Pair - 19th in the Nation
    Men's Lightweight 8 - 23rd in the Nation
    Womens 4 - 18th in the Nation
    Womens 8 - 14th in the Nation

Good bunch of kids and happy that we had so many boats qualify for nationals this year - now onwards towards breaking into the top 10 next year!

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Just got back from my workout. I looked at videos of Zyzz on YouTube and it's a great pre-workout. It's up there with caffeine.

5. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

I know this is the de facto lifting thread,
    BUT
    I did run a personal best in the 5k saturday- 16:27 - and I think adding lifting into my routine helped. Light weight high reps & core.

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Sweet, dude!

My wife like to run in the 5k, poorly. Your time is almost 1/3 of hers.

Was out walking the dogs yesterday and came across these guys doing prowler work and tire pulls down one of the side streets in m neighborhood. I asked if the sled device was a prowler. One guy said that it was and asked if I would like to try it. It was pretty neat, and I could tell how much it would help with cardio. After a few of those and I would be ready to make an offering to the porcelain god.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yeah, I was going to say your time is about 1/2 of mine. good work

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

yeah I guess they aren't slim per SF standards, but you know what? If I can get pants that taper, fit my waist and my thighs, and don't look silly, I'm all for it.
    :slayer:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/181128/slim-fit-chino-j-crew-urban-vs-bb-milano#post_3237861

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Yeah, but you're a geezer! ;)

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

wow does grip work ever suck nuts after using straps on everything for almost a year. trying to learn hook grip, dont know if i have stubby fingers or a fat bar or what but it is insanely irritating; couldnt even use it for 60%1rm singles for speed work. then again, first time using it + no chalk.

11. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Been lurking this thread for a few weeks. Still very weak compared to most of you but I will stay consistent with it. Yesterday I started getting a shooting pain my my right trap -- could partially be rear delt. It specifically hurts when I lift my arm above shoulder height (a backward windmill action hurts worse than forward). I did zero physical activity besides walk the dogs yesterday afternoon. The pain randomly started in the middle of the day. Anyone had similar issue?

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Chalk helps.
    I've found that as the weight get's heavier, the hook grip is easier (to an extend, of course).

New PR. 71.8kg snatch lol

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah I have this, just random pain in my lower traps. Shoulder dislocations helps. It doesn't really effect lifting for me.

WHY SO MANY FIT GIRLS IN THE GYM NOW. Saw aesthetic petite brunette today with dem teddies on the back hyper extensions today. Never see girls in the gym and the last few days there've been 2 fit ones. They only seem to come when im doing my accessory work and not maxing out squartz feels bad man.

Also 38kg dbs up for 3x8 on incline db. Usually get 2x8 then 1x7. Minor PR.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

14. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

I was worried for a while; have a torn labrum and probable partially torn RC cuff. Realize that is located in front of shoulder but concerned they might be related. Technically on my deload week of 5/3/1. A day or two off will not hurt anything in the grand scheme of things

15. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

^ I cannot quote due to my post count.

Thanks for the help. I was momentarily worried because I have a torn labrum and probable partially torn RC. Recognize this involves the front of my shoulder but thought they could possibly be related. Technically on my deload week of 5/3/1 so a day or two off will not hurt in the grand scheme of things.