Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

No what I was saying is that when I miss a squat its because I fall forward not that I fall forward on squats normally. I did have that problem for a while though until I started lifting in oly shoes, those helped a lot. I sit really far back when I squat and I do feel it a lot in my hamstrings, just don't think my glutes are activating. People always say you have to tense them when you lock out, but I've never felt the need.

2. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I find tensing the glutes is more important at the beginning of the squat actually. By squeezing your ass together right before you start to descend, you activate the glutes right from the get go. It's a useful tool just to make sure they are involved. I've never quite understood squatting in oly shoes, to be honest.

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Have you ever tried overhead squats? They're really good for working out balance issues in the squat movement. Andddd they build thick, solid, tight abs.

4. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I overhead squat and/or squat snatch at least a few times a month. If there are ANY deficiencies in your mobility or squat technique, you'll notice right away in an overhead squat.

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Agree with benefits of erging. Those times are pretty solid. If you want to compare yourself to olympic caliber times you'll have to do a full 2000m. I looked it up and the U.S. Rowing Team requires a sub 6:00 2000m time to qualify as a man (6:45 for a woman).

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Helped me stay more upright, made the motion feel smoother, feel like I push through my heels more. Just made my squat feel better overall.

Also I bought some ricotta, will try some scrambled eggs with it in a minute. Macros are fairly similar. A lot more fat though and a tiny bit less carbs.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Yeppp definitely. Question was more directed at fuji, but I'm glad to hear there's another proponent of one of my top 5 favorite lifts.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

I did them for a while. One day I missed the lift and dropped the bar on the platform. Gym has a platform and bumper plates. Secretary bitch man came down to bitch at me for dropping weights. WHY YOU HAVE PLATFORM AND BUMPERS IF YOU NO WANT ME TO DROP THE BAR?????

Would do if I was allowed to.

Mixed 200g of ricotta with 5 eggs, bit of olive oil and some honey ham. Was delicious. Like really buttery eggs, dem macros man. Like 60g of protein or something. Will eat for breakfast with hashbrowns.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

do this in competition and I'll fedex you a beer

10. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

250g Lighter Choice cottage cheese 89p at Co Op. Mixed it with some scrambled eggs, really nice and the cheese has more than 10g protein and less than 2g fat per 100g.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Zyzz just came up as a recommended page on fb because some pussy do you even lift brah liked him. If you don't even lift why you like zyzz?

Down to 181lb this morning. Feels weird man.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

FUUUUUUUUARK FETA CHEESE IS 18.6G OF PROTEIN PER 100G AND IS SO CHEAP. Will eat/10. Has no fat or carbs either.

152.5kg for 3x8 on the cambered bar today. Feels good man. Threw in a set of 30 chins too. People from my sixth form were at the gym today, was weird. They were miring squats.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Same happened on mine. If you dont lift then what is there to like about zyzz.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

man a home gym setup would be so cash, that way I could snatch, then write some research paper for 30 minutes, then C&J, do some more stata and grab some coffee, then FS and have dinner

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Okay, so I'm going to say something that might lead to a train of hateful PMs. I've thought it for a while but kept my mouth shut:

I don't get the big deal about Zyzz. Seriously.

There, I said it.

And I don't mean to hate on him. His transformation was impressive and he looked great. But I don't get all the hype. He had really great bone structure and good height. But, he wasn't particularly built even with steroids, nor was he particularly strong. There's natural bodybuilders who have better physiques than him. Hell, even when I go to West Palm Beach there's dudes walking around on the boardwalk with better builds than him. I get that zyzz was good looking and had good proportions, but I don't understand the popularity...to the extent that people are "liking" him on FB and have him as their computer background pictures. Maybe he just marketed himself well?