Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Could easily eat a tub of it everyday though as part of my breakfast, will be expensive.

Had 150g of cottage cheese with 5 eggs cooked in some olive oil with a load of pepper. Wasn't bad. Tasted just like normal eggs, but with a different texture. Would have preferred just plain eggs, they were kind of soggy with the cottage cheese. Still 45g of protein or so, took 10 minutes to eat and make.

Flame you could try some band dislocations.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

your posture is probably fucked elsewhere brother.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

i would be screwed if it werent for cottage cheese. 500g erryday = ez ~60g protein, just spoon that shit down and you'll get used to it fast

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Doesn't even taste like cheese. Tastes like off yoghurt with bugs in it. Will just mix it with my eggs.

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

double post

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

how can i target growth on the inner portion of my pecs? it feels like the outer portion gets the most exercise when i work out, and as such, they're developing more/faster.

i typically do bench presses and dumbbell presses, but i've been doing dumbbell flyes lately.. any other recs? dips?

7. Flame

Flame Senior member

Valid point. I suffer from lordosis since I was 12, and I have a natural slouched upper back. Been trying to correct this for a while and i can see where you're coming from.

Been consciously sitting/walking upright these days (chest up, shoulder back to correct posture)

When I say tight, i mean my upper back and delts feel tighter than normal during low bar squats. It's not tight to the point of tension when I'm going about my daily life, just that i can feel the muscles bunching up more than usual when I retract my shoulders backwards.

Been doing dislocations for a while now, they have been a help.

8. Flame

Flame Senior member

Decline? I dunno, quite pointless and hard to train the "inner" pecs. As long as your outer pectorals get a workout, should be fine. Dips are more of a compound movement (works chest, delts, traps to an extent)

9. gort

gort Senior member

The mere sight of cottage cheese grosses me out. However, I make a mean mousse with it that is delicious. I can't eat it plain, reminds me too much of fat lady thighs.

I put about a cup of ice into a food processor and grind it up, then add 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 scoops protein, 1/2 tsp xanthum gum, and about a 1/2 cup of water. Mix it up and it is amazing.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So typically flys are thought of as more of a width-building exercise, while pressing movements are generally considered a thickness-builder. As far as getting the inner portion, dips and decline are the way to go. For dips, make sure you're getting a good forward lean so that you're actually working your chest and not just your triceps. Another exercise that can be helpful is dumbbell pullovers -- while these are mainly an exercise for your serratus anterior, it helps create that nice separation between the abdominals and the bottom of the pectoralis major.

In generally, squeezing your pecs in for a second on your fly movements help as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

11. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Ricotta has similar macros and a much less horrible texture.

12. msg

msg Senior member

Do people generally vary their diets on workout days? I eat well in general; on days I lift, I'll take whey, but that's the only intentional difference. I don't take whey on days when I only run.

13. Flame

Flame Senior member

Hey thanks, will incorporate these @ end of my chest workout.

14. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Weight set just arrived, feels weird looking at an Oly bar that doesn't have the ends touching the floor.

15. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

£3 per 500g isn't that bad, that in Sainsbury's?

Edit: doesn't your dad work for the American NAAFI? Could possibly get some through that or see if he can be transferred to Lossiemouth.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012