1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Was gonna do 162.5kg for 5x3 on the cambered bar today. Smoked 162.5kg like it was a warm up, did 165kg easy again, 167.5kg felt a bit harder then I hit 170kg for a fairly hard tripple then a double. Had a retard spot me. Spotted my squat like it was a bench press. Put a finger underneath the bar, is this real life? Brb getting pinned, oh you've taken half a kilogram off the bar? Ill be able to do this easily now.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Distinguished Member

epic injury. i hope it was all at once.

3. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior Member

Like the way the shirt fits, but think a slightly higher-rise pant would be more flattering.

4. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

maybe yes, maybe not.

still looking for a pair of pants, just hanging on to these and wearing em often cuz i like the fades they're getting.
    I got a pair of some high rise jeans coming, hope those work

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Distinguished Member

TBF most things in the UK are done in Imperial measurements, weightlifting seems to be the only thing that isn't.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

whew... second day of my 9-5 and my calves / ankles / lower back feels super tight and hurts like I did a workout. I'm just not used to sitting so much... I was so active while unemployed.

7. fuji

I love lat DOMS. They're so hard to get, satisfying knowing you raped your lats. Pulls ups everyday feels good man.

8. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

take posture breaks. i have bands and a lacrosse ball at work, LOL

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

LOL I know this feel all too well. I've been studying 9am to 11pm every day for the past 2 weeks and have been sore as hellllll as a result. It's much tougher on my body than deadlifts or squats could ever be.

10. fuji

Bought some cottage cheese and some fage yoghurt. Whilst stocking the shelves with them I was miring the macros. Yoghurt tastes real good, but that cottage cheese man. Is there a way to get rid of the texture? 10g of protein, 3g of carbs, 0.5g of fat per 100g is fantastic, but its horrible.

11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

make into a fruit salad or find a way to mix it into something else or add it to a shake. I think cottage cheese's texture is an inherent characteristic of the food... that's just the way it is. but I'm kinda surprised you like yogurt but not cottage cheese. some people tell me they don't like yogurt and I'm like wtf, you can't be serious... btw, FAGE is amazing, I love that stuff!

12. fuji

It's so ridiculously expensive in the UK. About $4 for 500g of it. Gonna try put cottage cheese in some scrambled eggs, hopefully it'll be alright.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

Finally got to the gym to do KB complexes. Always make me feel like a beast. Though in between sets I used them to stretch out a bit (just grabbed the handles and pulled up to get my hamstring/lower back/shoulders) and i cramped up something fierce in my lat/shoulder. Does post/peri-lifting stretching fuck anyone else like this?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

I don't think that is terrible... even here in the US it is more expensive than "regular" yogurt, but I've recently found they carry it at Sam's Club (a bulk US shopping store) and it's about $4 for 1000g which is a great price. And I think if you search around you could find some healthful cottage cheese recipes online. But also I bet you wouldn't even notice it in a protein shake if you put it in the blender... I think I'm going to try it too anyway!

15. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

Any recommendations for shoulder / chest stretches after OHP & Bench days? Been doing the usual stretching but pecs and delts still tight as hell.