1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

Yeah, that's typically when I lift with the gf. Sometimes it's not bad, other times we have to wait quite a while for a rack. :/

2. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

does anyone else absolutely refuse to talk to anyone about lifting irl? bunch of koolaid drinkers out there, i tell ya

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

On the note of girlfriends...I keep trying to get mine to lift, it's a lost cause.

"I really think the way to get in shape is just eat less and run a lot"
    "I got plenty of protein today...I had a Greek yogurt this morning!"
    "TKJTG, I've been lifting 2x/week for 3 weeks now and nothing's happened. I think I'm going to stop."

At least she's starting to understand the nutrition thing. Every time we go to a restaurant I have her guess the calories in her meal (usually I know already because I checked it out before hand). I do the same when I cook her dinner -- she's always surprised at the difference between the two.

4. TeeKay

I have a strict filter that has helped me realize when who I will give workout advice to and who I won't. And it's this:

When someone asks for help, I ask, "How often do you squat?"

If the answer is less than once/week, the conversation ends there.

5. LM16

LM16 Senior Member

I'm lucky that I train with a team so we talk quite a bit. If I have to go to my commercial gym for some quick training I put a hoodie on with the hood up, ear buds in, and just do my best to avoid making eye contact.

6. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Distinguished Member

Here is the new lifting set-up at my crunch that materialized over the weekend. This is in addition to the more typical squat racks. [​IMG]

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

One of my female coworkers got reallly into lifting and we started talking. I then started regretting it. Holy shit, bro-science is gender neutral.

8. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Some guy I work with always asks me about lifting. I asked how often he lifts, once a week. Does bench and curls. Benches 37.5kg. Told him to squat, says he's not ready yet. Wtf does that mean? You don't need to reach a certain level of fitness to sit down with a bar on your back.

First day back at the gym since saturday, feels good man.

9. knucks

those bumper plates? im jelly

10. TeeKay

Yeah...I'm thinking I might have to do the unthinkable and take a day off tomorrow. :(

Can't wait for that feel on Friday, though.

11. knucks

My good buddy said he isn't ready to deadlift yet, I told him that's shit, showed him the form, he started deadlifting. He's gotta pull of platforms/blocks/plates because his flexibility blows, but at least he knows what's good form now.

He started squatting before he started deadlifting, though :slayer:

12. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Distinguished Member

They are. If you look towards the left, you can see the traditional plates against the wall. I am sad because you basically need oly shoes to use it, the wood is not sock friendly. Finally DL'd 2 plates for a 3RM. I know this is pathetic at my weight but making huge lower body gains since I started seeing a PT for my groin.

13. gort

gort Distinguished Member

This and nutrition. Good carbs, bad carbs, eating before bed, etc :fu: (IIFYM I say).

14. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior Member

Fixing injuries will do that. Also, I don't think you need oly shoes to deadlift on that surface. Any shoes will get you the grip you need, and anything flat/without a lot of squishy support will be fine for deadlifting.

15. gort

gort Distinguished Member

He was saying he couldn't do it in socks.