Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

[​IMG]

Fuji if I printed this to a full size poster then mailed it to you would you hang it up in your Uni dorm room?

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

cool man, sounds good, and you are right about your posting being hard on yourself because from my perspective it sounds like your training is failing bad. the only issue with believing gym dudes is that they will tell you "the way" which may or may not have everything to do with their own genetics and personal situation. there is much more access to better information with better rationale online from more qualified sources. doing triple dropset 5x20 preacher curls because gymbro said so doesn't really help; moreover i found having the constant distraction of "what would gymbro do" a bad influence on program OCD. you will find guys in gyms who can eat garbage and do 6 day isolation volume assaults and still grow and get stronger; modeling your routine and your rationale for training after that is not prudent.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

So this is the gym i go to, it's pretty getto but has a ton of strong people /true body buildings and a few weekend warriors.

http://www.feelsteel.net

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I also know what your implying, but a cut doesn't do shit if you don't have a strong foundation underneath. Being sub-10% bf will make whatever you do have show, but without strong core work there won't be much there.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't deadlift, fuk da polic. Could probably pull 200kgish if I tried though. Squartz all the time though.

Agree with jarude, consistency is the most important thing. Program doesn't matter too much to an extent as long as your putting more weight on your lifts.

A lot of the big cunts at the gym who perform 30 sets for biceps are on gear. You're not on gear. Acquire some test then do that.

Will hang it in the kitchen so I have motivation to eat clean and get dem gains. Except zyzz ate like shit and took DNP. You're gym is not ghetto, it's significantly nicer then mine.

6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

IF sucks sometimes.

Went up early this morning and was at work at 8. Had lunch at 12, and since I'm doing the "One meal pre-workout setup" for IF, this meal is only 20% of total daily calorie intake, which for me is about 600 kcal.

Boss wanted me to stay a bit longer so I could finish some work, and therefore I wasn't at the gym until half past 5.
    Was back home just before 7 and had roughly two hours left to get the remaining 80% of daily calories down before the fasting period starts.
    That's 2400 kcal in two hours. Let's just say my stomach hurt right now.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ah, didn't know you were on IF too!

I know that feeling all too well. This is why God created peanut butter.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Do not know how people train with so little food. I have like 1500 cals right before I lift.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Scivation Xtend. I lift at 7am and don't eat until 2pm.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice! Looking pretty big there. What were you weighing on meet day?

11. acularw

acularw Senior member

Same. I lift at 6:30/7:00ish before work, drink BCAAs before and a couple times after, then eat 12-8 as I find it is pretty convenient (eat lunch at normal time, 2nd meal after work, 3rd meal at 8:00/8:30ish. I usually end up cooking enough food at 5:30 for both evening meals.

One time I tried this same meal timing but lifting at 5:30 after a 12:00 meal. I had absolutely no energy and stomach was growling like crazy because it expected another meal. One of my worst workouts recently. So from now on, I have decided if I drink too much the night before or don't get enough sleep, I will push my workout to the next morning rather than try to workout later in the afternoon.

BTW, what flavors do you buy? I have been using the watermelon but I think I used the blueberry or something blue last year and was not a fan.

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

The grape one. Absolutely delicious! I might try watermelon next...my current tub is about half gone.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Bah, now that my neck/shoulder feel much much better my bench is reaching where it was when I injured myself. Only problem is my chest has grown and now my shirts are starting to pull at the second button down... but if i go up to a medium the waist / length will be too long ; ;

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

watching e3, holy shit Dana White has the shittiest gym bro posture I've ever seen

15. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

While I understand where you are coming from, I think that this post highlights one of the problems I was alluding to earlier. You are judging the success of training by the way you look, rather than by how you feel and by what you can do. There are a number of totally reasonable ways to go about training, but I think it's important to understand the fundamental difference between strength training and body building. Genuine strength training will change the way you look - slowly, over time, as you stick with it and get stronger and eat right - but it isn't body building. If you squat, deadlift, and press regularly, there is no area of your body that is being left out. At the same time, you shouldn't put on a lot of size anywhere unless you had muscles that were really underdeveloped in the first place - most people who don't lift have underdeveloped glutes and shoulders.

Without getting too far away from my point, it sounds like you haven't actually made the decision about WHY you are lifting weights. Do you want to be stronger? Do you want to be healthier? Or, do you mostly just want to LOOK stronger and healthier?