1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stinger70

stinger70 Senior Member

I actually look more aesthetic since i stopped squats and deads. My ass has shrunk loads, quads have shrunk too which im not that happy about as they looked good, but i look way better IN clothes at least, with more of a taper and less of a shelf backside. Closest thing i do to a compound movement now is incline bench. Current goal is to bulk on a higher rep routine from 180 to 190lb and see how i feel then. Also eating a bit less than before when i would bulk on 4000 calories, cut it down to 3600 on workout days and a bit less on off days, trying to keep it controlled and lean.

2. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

Not squatting not training nam sayin?

I might start doing glute iso work because mine don't seem to do anything when I squat. Haven't really changed size.

The diamond jubilee has taken away 2 training days from me. Bish should have retired early so not to effect my training schedule.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

3. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

Yesterday was an awful day of oly lifting.
    Note to self, drinking the night before is never a good idea, especially for technical stuff like cleans and snatches.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

Yea knucks some people can do that and some people cant. Dude I trained oly lifting with would come to the gym to train in the morning and I could still smell beer on him yet he would snatch state records like it was nothing.

My training has been good latley. I've been eating whatever the fuck I want, whole foods of course, and feeling strong. At this point I don't really care much about bodyfat. My body doesn't have the genetics to be super lean and cut while still strong. I'm gonna start biking to work but mostly for the extra sunshine during the day.

5. TeeKay

TeeKay Distinguished Member

Tempted to try a 405 squat again this week. I'm definitely feeling that I've increased in strength since the last attempt!

6. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior Member

I suspect the aesthetic shift is more a result of the diet change and subsequent weight loss. There is no reason that squats and deadlifts HAVE to make you bulky. If you felt like you were getting too big, stop eating so much and lower the weight a bit - but mostly stop eating so much. In spite of what some guys in this thread might tell you, there are a number of health benefits from compound movements besides getting big. You can control bulk through diet. Giving up on lifting is a big mistake for overall health.

7. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Distinguished Member

I class myself as a royalist and hope she becomes my boss within the next couple of years but isn't that a bit extreme?

8. LM16

LM16 Senior Member

I competed at APC Nationals today (181 lbs raw open class). I won my first American title, I set 3 American records, I got an elite total. It was a quality day of work though still need to fix some things. Went 6/9 and my numbers were 552/308/556. I missed (and am still pissed about these) on 602/330/574.

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Really nice numbers for a 181'er. Congrats!

I hope to total elite at the end of the year.

Videos???

10. LM16

LM16 Senior Member

Thanks! It was a good time and hopefully I can keep the numbers moving up as I train for Worlds. Looking to go 625/350/600 at worlds so gotta dial things in.

11. Fang66

Fang66 Stylish Dinosaur

:slayer:

12. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

Nice lifting brother

13. Flame

Flame Distinguished Member

exactly. I'm deadlifting & squatting heavier than ever, but combining these with HIIT (i burn about 400-700 kcal per day on cardio alone) and a clean diet has allowed me to put on 2kg over 6 weeks while still maintaining BF %. My thighs & bum are the same size, but way more cut. Rock hard glutes FTW.

Basically bulk = diet & calorie intake mostly.

Also, taking a dump before heavy lifting = great feeling.

14. fuji

fuji Distinguished Member

I don't like the royals, don't care if they exist. Except Kate because I would rape her if I had the chance she's got dem 10/10 aesthetics. Would prob still fuck the kind of fat sisters, beatrice or whatever her name is. Would make her wear one of those hats for the lolz. Also the young ginger guy is pretty funny, not the one married to kate.

+1 on squatting and deadlifting not having to make you bulky. Down 30lb since I started cutting (dat clen hnnnnnnnnng) whilst PRing every week on squats. Feels good man. Still have a fairly small waist.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Distinguished Member

I know exactly what you mean

dude this threak is all about compounds haha