Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Cereal. It's worked well for me, I've put a fair bit on my 5rm since I started doing it because I can put maximum effort into every set, after 5 minutes I doubt I'd be able to hit the same number of reps as the set before. I don't feel the need to rest as long on front squats. Probably because whats holding me back is upper back strength not leg strength.

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

My gym pisses me off. Any time between 4-8pm its so busy that you can barely walk through the free weights area, and there is literally zero chance of getting on a bench, so i end up having to improvise and not stick to the plan and its shit. If i go after 8pm, i can get my workout done without too much fuss, but i hate working out that late as i dont have time to eat loads afterwards, and i end up getting to bed later than i would like. Might have to spend 3 times as much and find a new gym....would be so much better if i could go at 5pm straight from work and it not be too busy.

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

dafug mang

wtf do you do between sets, get blown by that douche at the counter?

I take 15 minutes on max days between snatch & C&J, not between repping 5 in the squat stand.

4. gort

gort Senior member

15 minute breaks, hopefully you let people work in. My gym only has two racks and I freaking hate when people dick around and chat it up for long breaks when I'm waiting in line.

5. LM16

LM16 Senior member

I don't know about that. I don't really believe in a genetic max. This weekend (if everything goes right) should have me becoming only the 7th person in the 181's to squat over 600 and moving me up to 4th in the world this year (going 601). As I said, I don't believe in a genetic max, I believe in having the confidence to do what has never been done before (hopefully I'll be able to take the overall squat world record at Worlds this year!). Just because it's never been done, doesn't mean it's the genetic max, it just means no one has figured out how to do it.

I agree about kicking ass while older. A lot of the guys I train with are in their 50's/60's and squatting in the 900's (multiply) and benching well over 500+ raw. I'd say deadlift is most affected by age, while there are impressive pulls with my group it's definitely our weakest lift as a whole.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I would kick someone's ass in the parking lot if they took 15 minute breaks between sets at my gym lol.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Also....FUARKKK

Went into GNC today(big mistake) because I'm going out of town this weekend and wanted to get creatine mono in tablet form so I don't have to take powder with me. I went in, saw 120 tablets for $25. Being the giant dumbass I am, I didn't realize it's 5 fucking tablets for a measly 3.5g of creatine. The whole fucking tub is about 20 days worth for me. Of course, I already opened it and threw away the receipt by the time I noticed.

Fuck GNC. I don't know why I even walked in there.

8. acularw

acularw Senior member

Go in the morning before work. It takes some getting used to but I have found I have more energy and the gym is much more open.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Talk to gym bros mainly. Do shoulder dislocations, bit of mobility work. If someone wants to work in they can ask.

I have massive pain in the inside my elbow and wrist, been having it for 6 months ish. Just researched tennis elbow and its not it. How to fix?

Flared up really bad today, couldn't do anything. Workouts will consist of lateral raises, neutral grip chins and cambered bar squats till it gets better. Will try find a press I can do, which doesn't hurt. I usually train through it, but I've had to quit workouts early 2 times in the last week so it's probably time to fix this.

Good oppurtunity to get good at chins at least. I've always been pretty shit at them.

Last edited: May 31, 2012

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Damn, nice!. Are you competing raw w/ or w/o wraps?

Last edited: May 31, 2012

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Is it golfer's elbow instead of tennis elbow? I am taking my golpher's elbow pretty seriously since even back squats and work are continuing to aggravate it. No expert here, but the web seems to suggest that you should take tendonitis seriously as if it goes on and on it could become a tendinopathy / tendonosis which can result in permanent damage. Golfer's / tennis elbow can last for years if you continually fuck it up. plz be safe.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah seems to be golfers elbow, feels badman. Will switch to cambered bar squats for a little while because it takes the strain off my wrists and elbows. Neutral grip movements don't hurt it either.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

14. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

What exercises hurt? More front squats or back squats? Do you do much pressing? How does that feel on the wrist?

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

On a srs note, fuji...dafuq are you waiting 15 minutes between sets for? I guess I understand wanting to max out on every set, but aren't you lifting for aesthetics?