Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Speaking of weirdos at the gym...I had this little Mexican dude...probably around 40 years old...following me around at the gym today. Between my sets he would ask me how to do certain exercises off this printed out workout he had. What's worse is the workout was absolute trash...it legitimately said, "for tone do bicep curls for 10 minutes low weight". I felt bad for the dude, but he was seriously fucking up the tempo and intensity of my leg day.

2. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Whats the best way of dealing with heat exhaustion without actually getting out of the heat?

3. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Why would you want to fuck around with heat exhaustion? Get fluids and take a cold shower.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Fluids and electrolyte replacement. If you are copiously sweating, beverages like Gatorade or Coconut Water work well. If you don't want the added calories, I am a fan of drinking water and eating a package of mustard(that you get from Wendy's or whatever).

Long sleeves and light colors help, too.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

I don't but its in the high 30s at work, I took shit loads of water on yesterday (about a gallon and a half in three hours before I was nearly passing out, still had dark piss). No showers either....

Water only I'm afraid, but if I take in enough salt and drink enough water will that still stop me from getting heat stroke with nothing else? Feel like I'm going to melt at times.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I know man. its infuriating. I think there are actual medical issues with my foot musculature.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Well the heat stroke is still an issue, but the reason I mention electrolytes is because extreme sweating with replacement only by water can lead to extreme salt loss and that's not a pretty scenario. Also, sweat with electrolytes in it cools you better than sweat without.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

pedialyte is great for rehydration. I have a similar product stocked for hangovers - works like a charm I tell you

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

TBH, your form probably sucks. If you really need, to, borrow an iphone that one of your art school vegan-anarchist friends inevitably has and take it to the gym.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Have to go back to work. No more training 5 days a week, do not know how to compress my workout into 4 days.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

upper / lower / upper assistance / lower

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Well so squatting once a week seems to keep my hip flexor in pain, the more I stretch it the more it's on fire. I'm going to try to do a few sets of squats each time I go to the gym for a couple weeks. Then if my leg falls off, I can consider that I might need to stay off it completely for 1-2 months.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

You should check to see if your glutes are weak and/or things such as the TFL.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

What's cardio?

Remember I'm injured, i just hope i'm not much below 188 when the back is feeling good..

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Do not know how people train there whole upper body in one day. Would need to over head press, bench, front squat, rack pull, face pull, rows, later raises curl and do tricep extensions.