Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. knucks

knucks Senior member

Was going to get some FullCount denimz but now I don't know.
    Charly teach me your wardrobe ways.
    I do like the drapey flowy, not sure I can get away with it at work (though I don't have to tuck in shirts as long as I'm not too sloppy looking)

2. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Same Day Doctor is good, offices in most major cities - I had a HIV test in Manchester last year, £140, more relaxed than a NHS GPs office and you can book by email.

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Link? The whole forum reads like its full of morons every time I've ever been on it, dreadful site.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Is your office tshirt-friendly or are collared shirts a must?

If it's the latter, then the whole drapey look isn't going to do very well as collared shirts don't really look "drapey" on guys with any sort of heft or muscularity. Looks good on skinnier guys, but with guys like us, shirts just look oversized (in a bad way).

I'm not a big fan of super drapey really. I don't feel that extreme drape works well on bigger guys. Which is why all my tees regular ass AAA tees. You can try out something a bit more flowy if you want. I suggest looking at some Silent pieces in the biggest size possible. I would suggest steering clear of RO tees/tanks. They're going to be way too tight and look ridiculous.

But I like tops and jackets with some added length to the body to lengthen my silhouette and to help ward away from the whole stubby look.

If you're going for that look. You'll want to look into grabbing a RO jacket you like.. in XXL (54). I don't think any other brand would fit you tbh, since I can't fit into anything else in that aesthetic range besides RO in an XL.

I would also suggest searching for a pair of boots you like that you can tuck with. You don't have to tuck all the time, but it's nice to switch it up when you get bored of the same lines day in and day out. Get something with a thicker sole like my Ann D's. Rick side zips are readily available to purchase and would work well also. Very versatile too.

Last edited: May 16, 2012

5. mrchariybrown

Also, a pair of pants with a lower crotch and a bit looser for more variation in your wardrobe.

Unlike the pants you just got from me (which I basically gave away :p ), the rest of your wardrobe might cost a "bit" more if you choose to go that route.

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Don't think I can go full-on drape in the wardrobe, but the drapey look is cool.
    For instance, getting a MTM shirt made right now (oxford), as long as I get some regular khakis that fit, that'd be a good tuck in shirt.

7. mrchariybrown

Oh.. then just get some shirts that fit you better, and you're pretty much there for office wear.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Since we be talking fashions. I been shopping for pants for work, since I now work at an office. What do you guys think of these? They are all 33 x 34, the first one is more of a dress fabric and I'm getting way more pocket flair on those,maybe I should size up one more? It's pretty weird buying size Small shirts yet size 33-34 pants.. but that's just how my body is due to olympic lifting. My upper body is def catching up though now that I'm training it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here's a size 32x34 that everyone said was too tight
    [​IMG]

9. mrchariybrown

Looks a bit tight :\

Oh, and your 32's pictures are on private.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

fixed. Damn the 2nd and 3rd one still look tight? I feel like they fit me well enough

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yeah pocket flare is hard to avoid. I don't know if there's a way to avoid it unless you get some pants with pockets at a slant, maybe..or more of a 5 pocket pant.
    Sizing up may work, but if you cinch down w/ the belt, there will be issues with it anyways..

Not sure...I'm in the same boat as you can tell

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Maybe epaulet would work for you, though?

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I actually thought of only wearing five pocket chinos from now on. If they have pockets like a jean then there would be no pocket flair. Thing is I don't know of many and the chinos pictured were $19... cant beat that.

Also a five pocket chino plays way better into my style. I feel like I'm 50 wearing chinos pictured

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

Those dont look bad (age-wise), but yeah, pocket flare. I can't think of a single pair of pants w/ pockets like that that don't pocket flare. Even my waist 36 chinos do that (Uniqlo) and the fall off me if I don't wear a belt.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea.. Fuck em. I'm thinking about following through with the five pocket jawn idea.. I know shipley and halmos made a pair.. What other brands?

I'm hoping once my body recomposition is done my hips wont be so big.