Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

http://games.crossfit.com/jumbotron-stream

Crossfit games stream. Last day of it.

It strikes me as curious that every crossfitter at these games seems to have the exact same physical make up. Every girl, same height and weight, every guy, same height and weight. Maybe I just can't really see on the 3x4" window, though. I am under the impression that the weights used are static across the board (different men vs women) so it's really important to be 6' and 200 as a guy so you have the body weight to begin trivializing the lifts. And you can't be 230-250 or the cardio will never fly.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nausea during deadlift and squat days are a norm for me lol

3. andrewsd

andrewsd Senior member

is 1g/1lbs of protein a necessity when trying to gain? I'm a skinny, 2% bf club member (5) and I have a pretty vegetarian-based diet where I've noticed even hitting 100g daily is hard. should I just aim for over 100? my goal is just making it from ~140 to 155ish. I really don't want to use any sort of supplement too, I notice they make me feel like shit (even whey).

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. fuji

fuji Senior member

+1

dat feel after high rep squats when you rack the bar, fall on the floor and your vision starts to blur.

Have a less vegetarian diet then. I'd go for 1.5g, not gonna bulk on 100g.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

yeah

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Curious to hear how everyone's cuts are going for those trying to drop weight.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ok I guess? I'm better at gaining weight that's for sure. I'm actually up 1 or 2 lbs since I started to diet but I'm down a few % in bodyfat. I need to start doing some cardio though or something or being generally more active. I had some big plans this weekend to bike all day yesterday and today but instead I got addicted to minecraft on xbox 360 and I'm super upset at myself / loving the game. Mostly because when I play video games i assume a terrible posture position of slumped over shoulders shrugged into my ears, which KILLLS my shoulder injury.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Disregarding the top 10% of the crossfitters with super human genetics I really hate the physical makeup of the average weekend warrior crossfit dude. BUT crossfit is so amazing for girls bodywise, crossfit girls have amazing bodys.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

wtf that dude is just shouting random shit into the microphone on that crossfit stream. anyone actually following how many reps they can do on this shitty stream

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

FifteeEn rEp for dAAAamn hummmburgG
    NINE reps for daaan baiailllyY
    Siveteeen rippsss for ricCchhhh furrrllly
    ninnne reEppss 4 dAAAmn hooomburrrggG
    SIXTEEEN REpS for ur leader DAAAAN bAiLY
    dAIAilnnnn baAilllyyy

WAAAALLLLLLLLLBAAAAALLLSSS

11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

oly shoes should be here tomorrow, I am excite.

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Not strictly true, even among top guys. While the winner is usually about the size you've described, there are always enough body-weight/conditioning WoDs thrown in that smaller guys can do pretty well. Josh Bridges, who came in second last year, can't be more than 5'6 and 160lbs (although I'm pretty sure he's a SEAL). There are always at least a few top finishers about that size. You are right though that the really big guys rarely do that well. Rob Orlando is a very strong dude, but to heavy for lots of pull ups or running. Still, Jason KhalipA who won a few years back is closer to the 220 lbs mark than not.

14. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Not counting calories, just making sure I eat plenty of protein (two or three omelettes a day) and leave out the fruit juice which can be quite tempting after work. In one week I've lost a couple of pounds but eaten more carbs and salt so probably carrying more water, I've got until my first fam visit to lose the fat which should be a few months away (and I can't go for a combat reg until I've been offered a start date at Sandhurst AFAIK - another year at least), Officer applications don't seem to move very fast so no need to panic.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What do you guys thin is a good weight with maybe 10-12% bodyfat for someone who is 5'7? At 185lbs I felt too thick when i stood sideways. At 170lbs I feel just right but need better composition .