Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Is your brah chest brah?

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Going to check out my new gym tonight, can cancel now and not pay anything if its shit but I have access to them almost anywhere in the country and everywhere I'm likely to want to work out in the next year or two.

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Last day of the cut today. Weighed at 165 carb-loaded and hydrated...which means I've reached my goal. This means it's time to go on lean bulk. Will probably eat at maintenance for the next week, then after that go up to a 500 calorie surplus with 40/30/30. Thinking about doing IF for it, but haven't decided yet.

Also means that tomorrow I drop ephedrine and begin to taper down on caffeine.

Last edited: May 4, 2012

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

how long did you cut for?

6. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

10 pounds over 8 weeks

7. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

goodnight sweet mr. watts

8. gort

gort Senior member

Worst injury was a pretty bad MCL sprain that put me out for 10 weeks or so. That actually happened in the first period of a game and I had to leave immediately. Other than that I haven't had any injuries that prevented me from playing or caused me to leave the game, just random bruises and things like a sore groin when I forget I'm not as flexible as I was when I was a teenager. (knock on wood)

Funny enough the fall didn't stop me from finishing as it wasn't causing me any discomfort during the game but as soon as I sat down in the locker room after the game it was :fu: :fu: :fu: Doesn't help I'm a desk jockey so I am spending all day sitting on it. Then when I stand up to walk it hurts for the first few minutes of walking. I drink a ton of water so every time I get up to piss is excruciating. :lol:

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

It was him who left the weights out, bitch man was just too much of a pussy to call out mr watts. Will miss him, had a nice chat with him today.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

brutal, mcl sprain is no good. worst i've ever had was getting tapped by a snapshot in warmups right off the jock; stupid thing wasn't seated properly so i got the caught-between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place effect. didn't play that game. do you find your years of goaltending have built up your posterior chain? i have pretty good flexibility and any kind of posterior chain movement is far stronger than its counterpart; ie. low-bar squats vs high-bar. i also find setting into a dl or squat is really similar to how i'd set up in the crease. damn it, want to play some puck now, too bad all the old farts in my beer league are done for the year. time to live vicariously through rinne, quick, smith, and holtby :slayer:

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

[​IMG]

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

there should be a spinoff of youtube channel "kicked in the nuts" where they invade gyms and sack gymbros. for justice.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

New gym has a leg press, I am excite.

14. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Dude you are quite obsessed with Zyzz/chestbrah... Maybe you should learn from there mistakes and do some more legs (calves in particular).

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

Brb squatting 165kg and pulling 200kg after 8 months of squatting, brb squatting 4 times a week. Not a single fuck was given about calves, I don't think big ones look good and I don't need them for any athletic performance.