Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Just pulled 500 for two smooth singles. Next week, 525. Then a week off. And finally, competition time.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

it's unsurprising your cholesterol levels shot up since your weight has gone up

ingesting saturated fat and cholesterol has little effect on your plasma cholesterol levels as your body makes a lot more cholesterol than you can adjust and if you happen to ingest a lot of cholesterol your body just makes that much less

i am continually surprised people (even some health professionals) still believe this even when the evidence is so strong against it.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Did 5x8 8 of what I thought was 38kg on db incline bench. Look down, one of them is a 36kg. Feels badman. Didn't notice it at all, does this mean im functional?

4. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Started Smolov yesterday and put my 1RM as 400. Don't know if I'm gonna do the whole thing, I'll see how it goes. But the first day everything was good and I felt great. Took a week off prior.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

It only gets worse.

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Realize that a lot of the Russian and German training is for enhanced individuals and should not be attempted otherwise :D

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I did smolov junior a few months ago for bench and it was very helpful. now I am back at a platue and hoping to do another set in July.

8. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

I don't know whether the recommended daily intakes make me happy or sad:
    Protein: 45g (180 cals)
    Carbs: 230g (920 cals, total so far 1200)
    Fat: 70g (630 cals, total from macros 1830)
    Total cals: 2000

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Weight has gone up, but only about 15 lbs in a year.

While I'm not saying you are wrong with respect to your statement about how ingesting saturated fat and cholesterol has little effect on your plasma cholesterol levels, I will say that webmd (taken with a grain of salt) would disagree with you. Otherwise, would what you said imply that the food that people with high cholesterol can still eat foods high in cholesterol as it will have no effect on their cholesterol levels? Seems counterintuitive, and contrary to what my doctor just told me.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Is there something about MMA that attracts manlets? Walked past the MMA class in my gym and it was all super manlets except the coach. Not like normal manlets as in like the entire class was 5'3" or less.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone ever worn / seen these? I miss training in my olympic lifting singlet with the straps down and t-shirt on, so comfortable. Wondering how much of my nuts will be shown in this, the olympic lifting singlets were always good.

[​IMG]

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I think the studies show that actual dietary cholesterol, e.g eggs, doesnt negatively affect the levels in your body. I try and stick somewhere near the recommended 30g saturated fat per day though. I also try to cut out 95% of trans fats from my diet, which is deep fried food, chips, pastries etc. From what i understand they are the worst offender in terms of cholesterol. Chicken breast is probably the leanest, healthiest meat there is, i'm not sure why that would be so bad.

13. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Finally made 100kg snatch :bounce2: Halfway to what I need to podium at the Olympics! :)

First session with the Romaleos, and even after squats, C&J, and some accessory shit I was able to get 100kg snatch on first attempt, no drama either... nice and smooth. But it's definitely gonna take a bit of time to adjust to the shoes, training myself to utilize all the extra leverage I can get now and pulling/sitting way WAY back. Best part about the Romaleos is the satisfying sound they make on the jerks. It's like this *THWAP* sound that just lets everyone know "Yea, I've got 300lbs over my head now"

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I've seen that worn. Looks like any other singlet but with "Inzer" plastered across the front.

Yes, your nuts and dick outline will be prominently displayed for all to see. The trick is to wear compression shorts underneath.

15. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Do you keep track of your daily cholesterol, potassium and sodium intake?
    I want to get rid of water weight and bloating and just read that these intakes matter.

Being a student means I eat a lot of canned stuff (tuna, beans, corn, etc) and frozen food (chicken, veggies...), which means that my sodium intake is high.
    I also just checked my cholesterol level and I'm consuming around twice as much as I should.

I could drop some of the canned and frozen food for more whole-foods to level things out a bit, but it's going to get very expensive and time consuming going that route.

I try to limit myself from using salt too much and I am in calorie deficit by 500 or so every other day.

How far do take this? Have you seen a big improvement in definition and less bloating by going for more whole foods?