Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i'm out of whey

cop trutein? cinnabun sounds good, but two years ago i was reading rave reviews about ON cookies and cream and that shit was so fucking gross and i had 2.5 lbs of it. i've stuck to chocolate ever since.

nvm. found the samples they sell on their site. going to try all the flavors

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

High intensity training can be done lots of different ways. Personally I am in favor of conditioning with weights. Do you have any legitimate injuries, or are you just worried about general wear and tear? If your technique is solid most things I'd program for you shouldn't create a lot of joint/tendon problems.

Even then, bodyweight conditioning can be great. 20 minutes of pullups, pushups, and air squats will do you a load of good if done at sufficiently high intensity and with good technique.

3. gort

gort Senior member

Every whey I've tried before has been "meh" at best. Trutein is actually enjoyable. :)

4. APK

APK Senior member

There's a brand of whey out there that has a lot of flavors that actually taste great and I say that as someone who hates most whey. Can't recall the name offhand, but there had a birthday cake flavor among others.

It's too bad Metabolic Drive is so pricey, because the chocolate variation is amazing. Chris Shugart actually sent me a free tub of it a couple years back for posting the "best" response to a prompt he posted on his blog. I was tempted to buy some after that ran out, but $37 for a 2-pound tub is obscene.

5. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

As somebody that loves to cook from scratch, calorie counting is a depressing bitch.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

ah fuck disregard

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Coldsnap: You know what's a great conditioning tool?

Kettlebells.

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

How so? I cook every night from scratch and I've found that it's even easier to count calories, you know what's going in each dish and you can weigh out exactly how much you put in your mouth.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

squatted in my romaleos last night. hurt my feet a bit, should be okay after a few times..

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

Anyone looking for weightlifting shoes? Selling my Rogue Do-Win. 8.5US D width. I wear a 9EE in boots (White's SD, Red Wing 875) and otherwise am a 9.5 in sneakers. I like my weightlifting shoes tight.

$80+shipping.
    Shit picture:
    [​IMG]

11. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Which insoles are you using? My deuces just arrived last night and came with the comp (hard) insoles already in the shoes, but I was instructed to use training (softer) insoles to start. No workout today, but going to try them out tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how much adjustment is required after using running shoes for so long. I did hit a C&J PR the other day in my last session wearing running shoes, so I send them off with fond memories.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea I have a legitimate inury. Tore my trap at an olympic lifting meet. I don't think it will every be 100% unless I get lucky enough to have someone rear ends my car.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Dymatize Elite is delicious whey, for the record.

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

My grand parents should be moving there permanently soon, parents wants to go in December so I can probably come around then. By then I will probably have went on dat der and acquired a decent bench.