Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Nah, been looking into proper cycles, I don't think $300 for a 6 weeks with PCT is that bad

Inzer makes a oly belts.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_BB_TAPER_BUCKLE

Saw some retard at the gym do a farmers walk for about 10 minutes, and by a farmers walk I mean he grabbed some 18kg dumbbells and walked in circles for ages. Fucking retard. Still PRed today, hit my 1rm from 3 weeks ago for 5 pretty easily.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

6 wks proper cycle gtfo

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Confused why, you said the 4" around ones don't work, thats 2" in the front 4" in the back. Is it too thick or something? Disregard 12 week cycle with loads of sides acquire short cycle.

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

ephederine is no longer OTC. you have to sign to get it and you can only get a limited amount (cuz ppl can make meth out of it)

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

yeah whatever man, frankly I'm out of my depth here but I'm probably not reaching by much to state so are you.

e. can be though it's different there.

6. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Went bouldering at a rock climbing gym in Brooklyn. Took a bad fall from about 20 feet up - landed on my back. Not good. Lower back feels like someone is pushing forward on it with their foot. Maybe I am not cut out for athletic pursuits.

7. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

John Broz disapproves....
    [​IMG]

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I've been going to the gym for about 2 years now, but only recently started taking it serious.
    I am paying a closer look to what I eat and how I train for some time now but not 100% I'm doing it right.
    I don't want to do the typical bulk or cut. Atm, I want to lose fat and have no problem if my gains are small or take time.

What I'm doing now:

- Intermittent Fasting, working out every other day, 3 different workouts.
    - Train at 12, eat from 1-2 until 8-9
    - My maintenance is 2700 kcal. On workout days I'm consuming 2700 kcal with a macro ratio of 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. That is roughly 260g carbs, 240g protein and 80 g fats. On resting days, I'm eating 2300 kcal with macro ratio of 25% carbs, 40% protein and 35% fat (170g carbs, 220g protein and 80g fats).
    - 1st workout of the week is legs , lower back & abs (back squat, leg press, rom deads, barbell lounges, hanging leg raises, etc.)
    - 2nd workout is chest, shoulders and tri's (incline db bench, shoulder press, skull cruschers, dips, incline db flyes)
    - 3rd workout is upper back, and biceps (deadlift, bent over row, pull-ups/chin-ups, bicep curl)
    - No cardio whatsoever. I row for 5 mins for warm up.

Don't expect you to go through it all. Just want some quick tips or fixes.
    Thanks a lot.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Recover from injury, come back and crush everything.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Increase volume, if you want to lose fat you should cut I think. Better go all out on it. I don't know anything about nutrition or IF so I can't critique that.

11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yeah, what I meant is that I don't like the typical cycle of heavy bulking during fall/winter and cutting (being hungry) in spring and summer.
    I think IF is already geared towards losing fat and I'm not very big (6'3, 41 chest, 32 waist. 180 lbs) so going too far with a cut could leave me seriously skinny.
    I don't wanna have massive quads or bro's miring my chest, but I don't wanna look like I don't lift, If you get me.

Increasing volume sounds like a good call. My lifts are not especially heavy so it should not effect my recovery time.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ah fair, yeah IF should help you lean out then without doing a traditional cut. I still think you should increase the volume a bit, squats twice a week maybe.

13. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Would you foam roll, stretch, ice etc or just stay off of it?

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

From what I can see, I like it. But that's from what I can see.

Where do you see that he lists what kind of volume he does? "Cut"? I hate that word and "bulking". He says he doesn't care about slow gains or about it taking time. His diet is currently just maintaining his weight, so if he keeps pounding away at the weights, he'll naturally put on some muscle and body some fat. You don't always need a strong caloric deficit to drop body fat.

Unless one has a stout amount of muscle mass for his frame, I think "cutting" is dumb as fuck if the person is looking to be big and ripped. A bunch of peddling backwards.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Squatting heavy and deadlifting heavy once a week is plenty for the majority of lifters.