Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

I might get my sainsburys uniform tailored so my coworkers can see what a sick kunt i am. My sweatshirts tight as fuck, but the polos are pretty lose. Currently preparing the weeks chicken breast so I can be a dick head at work and when people ask me why I eat the same food everyday I can say stuff like "get shredded or die miring" "pain last a moment, glory is eternal". Also I'm allowed to use my ipod when I work so I can blast trance and fist pump as I put vegetables on the shelves.

2. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

You're going to cry twice a day when you're at uni.

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why do they give you a uniform when you're only going to be there at night?

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Well its 9pm-7am and the store closes at 11:30, I think everyone needs to wear a uniform even if you work at night. Will probably go on dat der when im at uni.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

if anything "too infrequently" will ensure that linear progression will be easier based on the reduced frequency. with that being said, you're honestly just repeating what someone else has said in the thread and you're latching onto that opinion. plenty of people have kicked ass on that program; no reason why you can't try it and see what happens.

read much? im calling macronutrient ratios "macros," since eating within proper macros at whatever his maintenance is is going to ensure he doesn't put on any more fat than he has to. in other words, what i've been saying to him this entire time and what you're repeatedly getting on my nuts over. and what programs did i suggest him using outside of SPBR which is a program built around linear progression?

im glad i have someone like you rating my diction in every post i make, but honestly:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

6. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Oh right I would have thought they'd just have you working when it was closed.

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

alphaasfuck/10

8. Sir Humphrey Appleby

PS if you get free grub I recommend their cooked chicken range.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

I can't eat food I didn't prepare myself, I have a fairly long list of food neurosis. Don't think I get food though, I think they close the canteen at like 6pm.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Not questioning its effectiveness (altho I will probably go searching for people's results)... just comparing it to other programs revolving around the big 3 (and taking note my squat and deadlift are behind my bench and ohp progress). I also haven't read anyone's opinions regarding spbr here other than yours (and gettoasty's floundering with it).

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Just do it 4 days a week instead of 3 so you get to squat and press twice a week.

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

i think fuji and eason were talking about spbr too, my bad. with that being said, spbr has the same squat, dead, and bench frequency as something like 5/3/1 on the 3 day/week setup - the only difference is that incline bench replaces ohp as the main movement on the 2nd upper day. from there, the only difference is the sets/reps - 2 or 3x5 vs 5/3/1 for the main movement and the assistance.

if all you've done is SS, all that pressing volume on spbr will do good things for you. honestly man, give it a try. its called the simple power based routine for a reason, and its a good program to move onto from SS. try not to overthink it; whether you do 5/3/1 or spbr or whatever, you'll have something to gain from it - just pick one and stick with it.

13. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quality over quantity.

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I did the SPBR when I first started out and it went very well for me.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

How many days a week do you lift?