Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Good luck with your getting shredded goals of 2012.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

3. gort

gort Senior member

Do want. That looks amazing. I freaking love soft pretzels. :drool: I'm tempted to turn today into a cheat day, had a good lifting session. Trying to get drunk later. Macros so far today are 108C 35F 152P @ 6ft 181lbs.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Supposedly I can still eat this and still be ripped. I'll tell you what I scarfed all that down REAL FAST because of not eating any carbs for like 48 hours.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Those pretzals made me want junk food so im gonna pan fry a pound of ground beef and cooke some eggs over it. Lettuce be real tea though, wtf are those poverty time pizzas.

6. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I think what you'll find is that if you were already 225lbs of muscle and ripped, you could eat like that and get away with it on an aggressive training regimen. At your size, you will probably just get fat.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

well I can't eat any carbs until after my workout on monday, so I have to fast in between feasting like that.

8. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

PR squat of 405x1 raw today, think I could have gotten three but I was just aiming for the one rep really.

9. acularw

acularw Senior member

Choked down almost 2.5 pounds of skinless chicken breast today. Took a lot of Sriracha...

10. APK

APK Senior member

It seems like the guys who get the best results from these diets that call for a scheduled binge are the ones who have at least been recently lean and muscular. A skinny fat guy can probably get the desired results with 8-12 weeks of clean eating at the right macros.

Like look at Charly, who's the poster boy around here for the cheat day. He's stayed relatively lean while doing it because he was already lean and muscular.

On the other end, check out jarude. Dude is getting pretty leaned out by following consistent clean eating while zig-zagging calories at the right macro breakdown. I believe he did the cheat day thing for a while, too, but I don't think it had the desired results for him (dem aesthetics) if I remember correctly.

It sucks giving up the pizza and treats for a couple of months, but for the non lean and muscular guys, fat loss results are a lot better and quicker if you just exercise some resistance from the junk. If you need to replenish or whatever, go eat some sweet potatoes.

11. gort

gort Senior member

Agreed. Someone who is naturally a rail but bulked up can have a king's feast and never have a single worry.

12. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Anyone here ever tried extended fasting? I'm moving to China day after next, and won't have access to a half decent gym for the foreseeable future. One concerning have is losing a lot of the muscle I've gained without losing much weight, and am considering extended fasting as one way to drop the weight quickly. Would love to know if anyone has experience to share.

13. gort

gort Senior member

There was a thread somewhere about some guy who did some ridiculously long fast and was preaching about how great it was. A lot of people laughed at him and some sided with him.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Well, it's because you are using "linear progress" and "progress" interchangeably so I really wasn't sure what point you were trying to make at all. Linear progress to me suggests an amazing thing. While I might manage to consistently push my calculated 1rm in a linear fashion, I don't suggest I am making linear progress. Undoubtedly, it is possible for him to make "progress" as he is human and is eating food.

And, yes, I am generally dismissive of the suggestion that every plateau would be postponed if the individual had "just eaten a bit more protein".