Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

1) Fuji, I think i actually laughed out loud three times in the last 60 posts because of you
    2) I have to say that if you're doing multiple workouts per day, nutrient timing becomes important. When we did 3x/day training, if you didnt take in some food right away after morning training, you were going to have a bad time. I'll agree that otherwise, just do whatever works best.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

So..what? You don't really need big quads to deadlift "a lot" and records wary depending on age and state..

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

TBF I would probably have the state record if I lived in Rhode Island.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm so bored / lazy today. Was going to try and do some HIIT with some hills but just sat around the house. I've been prank calling my girlfriend at work to pass the time.

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

ive been slacking on my stretching/mobility. actually am not doing any worse than when i was doing this daily LOL.
    need to start doing it more often..lifting more and stretching less..not good.

have a new problem: nerve issues in my left hand. tingling/numbing in my left pointer and thumb. will get to a doc if it doesnt subside in a week or two

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i stretch every day after every work out and every time i feel like i start at the same place

7. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

alright... tracking my macros through myfitnesspal now. come at me cynical bros

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Eugh pretty sure I bruised my lowest rib on the left side, same one I fractured last year. Either that or the organ next to it is hurting, but I'm pretty sure its the rib.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I used to, back when I was just doing bench, dead and squat. Nowadays lifting fasted would probably kill me. In fact, the one time I did go lift while having very little breakfast and no lunch I was completely totaled by just my warmup c&j's - couldn't even think about moving onto heavier singles.. shit was totally not cash. I was fucking ashamed, having wasted both my coaches and my time like that. Should've just eaten something beforehand, even if I was super busy.

If you're training 2-3 times a day, you're going to have to eat A LOT. The best way of doing that and avoid throwing up while training is probably to eat more frequently.

carpal/cubital tunnel maybe? OL places a lot of stress on the wrists and elbows, especially snatching is quite taxing.. it'll get better as time passes, if it's just initial discomfort. You could maybe use wrist wraps but even they might just be a placebo.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

lol just found an old picture of me at 148 lbs shirtless
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  11. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Woke up 45 minutes ago, already consumed 2000 calories.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

started after snatching, yes. so yeah, potentially carpal tunnel...been playing around with nerve gliding and the like, so far haven found any remedy it just comes and goes..ill give wrist straps a go..

13. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

You should go see a doctor. It may be carpal tunnel, but it's just as possible that you've got a bulging disc in your neck. A bulging disc around the C5-C6 can cause that sort of tingling down an arm or in your hand if the disc is touching the nerve up in your neck. It isn't that big a deal, but it's worth getting properly diagnosed so that you don't rupture the disc.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Where are you at now?

And punching in some typical 3k/day days I had, macros averaged out to around 25/35/40. oops

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Nerve can be impinged at other places as well, shoulder for example.