Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

put down the cheesecake, fatty!!!

jelly :(

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Pretty good timing as I just ripped the armpit seam on my t-shirt :embar:

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

Coldsnap: no, i am not. i am just sore as fuck and i dont know how much of that is conducive to weightlifting.

I forgot to get the sand out of my vagina and complained to the guy who writes my programs, his response:

ALL weightlifters train while sore. It's the only way to get in the necessary volumes and intensities. Also, you can still make a maximum intent to move while sore, which is most important. Furthermore, this is the only phase (of 3 types of sequenced phases) in which you'll be getting very sore.

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Are you on creatine? Have you tried upping your potassium intake? This can help with recovery and soreness.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I hope that didn't dishearten you. I kinda got the feeling the owner is a bit of a dick - I mean, you obviously have the right mindset and are not the NYR douche type who just comes in for two weeks and then quits. I see no reason to act like that, even if you're an elite coach.

in my experience at least most of the really, really good coaches are some of the nicer and smarter people I've met. e.g. my coach, who definitely has the resume to tell guys like me to fuck right off (dude was in antalya with our national team) will coach and train just about anyone who has interest and the will to train

Also $70/mo + PT and shit - you'll undoubtedly do better at a different joint.

I'm spoiled coz I pay like $100/yr, coaching included.

if it's just miscellaneous aches and pains, those will most likely go away in a month or two. btw are you following a bulgarian type of training schedule or am I mistaken?

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Forgot to post this, asked some guy to spot me me on db over head press. Usual method for spotting dumbbell presses is to support the tricep. Instead he holds my wrists for the entire set. Was like bro, why you trying to hold my hands?

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

your clen is starting to pay off man, they be mirin' already

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Some people are idiots.

From guys that "spots" your bench with their hands on the bar the whole time to guys that "spots" your squat standing 3 feet away from you.

Now I only let the same guy that I've been training (and training to spot me) spot me on my lifts. Thankfully, he comes to the gym at the same time every day and as religiously as I do.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

Naw its typical quad and ham and low back soreness. Been going heavy with that.

Remind me what a bulgarian trainig schedule is like....my answer...maybeee? This is the first time I am following someone else's program to a T and not asking questions.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

This is why when someone asks for a spot I always ask exactly what they want.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Shhhhhh. Don't speak.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG]

Other spotting horror story. My mate was doing pull ups, he's strong as fuck can do like 20 in a row. At the end of his set he was struggling a bit. Guy runs up to him grabs his glutes and pushes him up without asking if he wanted help, no homo could not save him.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

E-Max. Anyone have any experience with this? I went to my local "nutrition" store and asked for something to help cut me up for the summer. Guy said this would get me strong, suck out water weight, and trim me up. Just found out its a steroid. I've no experience with this kind of stuff. No caffeine. What workouts should I be focusing on while using? What kind of side effects? Whats the risk/benefit? Its $60 a bottle for a 30 day supply. Little red pills, any help would be appreciated.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Seeing as it is $60 for 30 days worth and they're selling it at a supplement store im guessing its not a steroid unless he means literally a steroid as in something with 4 alkane rings in it. It's probably just caffeine and some other weak stimulants, wouldn't change you're workout whilst your using it. You live in the states, if you want something to help you get cut just go to CVS and buy some bromokaid,

Oh never mind its a prohormone. Please stay safe. If you are gonna use it I assume you will need a PCT and liver support, side effects are the same as steroids. Seeing as you're gonna need to acquire your PCT illegally unless they have like the prohormone equivalent of PCT now so I dont see any point in them.

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You absolutely do not need what that gym offers to improve yourself. Plus the one year contract lock in is just a scam, anyway. Given sentence two, you will be able to make very significant gains your first year training simply by being consistent.