• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random food thoughts - Street edition

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vegetable lasagna.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good way to detox?

My job sort of requires that I dine with clients or I can be "disrespectful" and not participate. We tend to go heavy on the Chinese food and I personally cannot stand that junk...

I have a bad reaction to it; I get short of breath almost like a panic attack and that leads to poor stomach digestion/infrequent trips to the restroom and in turn I get a severe breakout. (I've noticed this same pattern for a few years now, also, I am allergic to anything dairy/lactose intolerance.) I think it is all the MSG plus salt and oils in the food not forgetting the spices Chinese food usually has.

I was at Target one time and in the tea and coffee isle. There were teas with "detox" on the front. Does that stuff work?

Right now I am trying to down a bottle of sparkling water to help with my digestion.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of us are not in that great of health. I think there's family history of poor kidney/liver. :(

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
do you have celiac disease? maybe you're gluten-intolerant.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've look into Celiac disease and I do not really exhibit the symptoms. I actually get constipated, so, the opposite of diarrhea. If my diet is **** my bowel movement is irregular (almost a full week). The last part could also be due to the fact that I'm sitting on ****** all day.

When I look up gluten intolerance the symptoms seem more like those I experience. Bloating sometimes, skin rashes, tiredness though the latter two I feel is more link to stress/anxiety and lack of sleep.

I guess I should finally go see a doctor about these two things since it can be tested unlike lactose intolerance.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
doctor aint gonna do ****

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought an immersion blender on a whim, any recipes I should try out? Soups?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butternut squash soup! Or any type of winter squash soup.

Or make a great hollandaise for benedicts!

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I literally just got done making butternut squash soup with my immersion blender - turned out great. I did a curried version, next time will do a sweeter curry powder, mine was a little spicier than I expected

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds tasty. I'll check out what kinds of squash are available the next time I'm shopping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics