• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Food Questions Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

***** I'm cheap as **** and you are rich as ****. Plus you won't notice a bottle missing.

Cellar Tracker. A place for every bottle and a bottle for every place.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went to Curate in Asheville over the weekend. It was excellent however:

1) Really? You're going to try to tell me there is such a thing as a lemon "air" and
2) It is fundamentally different from a foam?
3) Do restaurants not know it is somewhat insulting to serve food then recite the menu for you as if you can't see or are incapable of reading/remembering? At one point I was close to telling the waitress "we can see, thanks!"

alexg

Reaction score
What should I do with like 3 pounds of grated gruyere cheese and two pounds of leftover fondue? Was at an event last night and ended up with way too much leftover cheese...

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you get Falafel to stay together when frying? Below is the recipe: I made it with the food processor instead of the grinder. I also do not own an ice cream scoop but i'm not against purchasing one for ice cream/falafel purposes.

MAKES 32 PIECES
1 lb dried chickpeas
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 C chopped onion
1 C finely chopped parsley
1 T coriander seeds
2 t kosher salt
1 t ground cumin
½ t freshly ground black pepper
+ peanut or canola oil, for frying

1 Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and add water to cover by at least 2 inches. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

2 Drain the chickpeas and dry out the bowl. Return the chickpeas to the bowl and toss them with the garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, salt, cumin, and pepper.

3 Assemble a meat grinder with the fine (⅛-inch) die. Pass the chickpea mixture through the grinder twice, taking care not to compact the mixture after it has been ground the second time. (Note, please, that this falafel mix can be bulk-frozen flat in a zip-top bag, or shaped into balls and deposited on a parchment-lined baking sheet, frozen, then transferred to a zip-top bag and stored in the freezer for 1 month.)

4 Pour 2 inches of oil into a large, heavy pot. Bring the oil to 350°F.

5 Using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop, shape the falafel mixture into 1-inch balls. (Alternatively, shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball or hockey puck with your hands, taking care not to pack the mixture too tightly.) Fry them in batches, bobbing and turning them with a spider, until deeply browned, crunchy, and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any wines for ~50ish that could be cellerable for years? I suppose I'd like to start a collection of some sort. I have a few bottles that need two or three years according to the internet but I'm looking for something that I can open up in 15 to 20.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
subscribe to Lyle Fass's mailing list. There are many.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I'm on his list as well. If you prefer US wines, check out Full Pull. For old world Lyle Fass, Robert Panzer (Down to earth) are both good

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*****WARNING*******

I just did a Google search for "Lyle Fass" and a website "fassselections.com" came up and the preview looked good. I clicked it and it tried to launch a nasty ransom ware virus.

What is the proper website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads