Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

The only thing I've bought locally in months is a pair of APCs. Otherwise, it's all internet shopping.

When you coming on back to Chicago? I am also heading back to Madison soon, we should do it up...

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Senior member

Should I splurge and buy myself a pair of Pierre Hardy/Lanvin sneakers? O_O I did make the deans list both semesters this year....I think I deserve it [​IMG]

3. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I say go for it. I have actually been looking for some Pierre Hardy's myself but can't find a place on the net that has a good selection. I tried Lanvin's and after a while they didn't feel very comfortable so I sold them. So far the only Designer sneakers I have owned that I liked are my Dior Homme Hi-top Trainers.

4. Naturally Baked

I say go for it. I have actually been looking for some Pierre Hardy's myself but can't find a place on the net that has a good selection. I tried Lanvin's and after a while they didn't feel very comfortable so I sold them. So far the only Designer sneakers I have owned that I liked are my Dior Homme Hi-top Trainers.

Have you checked out luisaviaroma.com?

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

they sell APC up there?

Only the denim right now at this place called Black Blue though they're getting both their men's and women's clothing this fall.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

When you coming on back to Chicago? I am also heading back to Madison soon, we should do it up...

Not sure. I had a falling out with the chick I was having a fling with there so I haven't had a reason to go back lately.

8. onion

onion Senior member

Colette.fr has a few pair here: http://www.colette.fr/#/a/3/eshop/17...y/brand/90553/

Also studiohomme.com has some here (note the website is in French though): http://www.studiohomme.com/createurs/pierre-hardy

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I really hope all these people suddenly buying high-luxe sneakers like lanvin/pierre hardy have the wardrobe to make them look good. Sq4you is one of the few people who wears almost exclusively that kind of muted color, luxe, sorta dressy wardrobe. I see a lot of wasted lanvins in the future as i don't think they elevate everything they touch and aren't as non-descript as say CPs. Sufu had a little lavinz phase like 2years ago and the results varied wildly

10. APK

APK Senior member

I foresee a Lanvin overflow in the B&S forum within the next 12 months.

11. Listi

Listi Senior member

It's all about having fun though.

12. Naturally Baked

I really hope all these people suddenly buying high-luxe sneakers like lanvin/pierre hardy have the wardrobe to make them look good. Sq4you is one of the few people who wears almost exclusively that kind of muted color, luxe, sorta dressy wardrobe. I see a lot of wasted lanvins in the future as i don't think they elevate everything they touch and aren't as non-descript as say CPs. Sufu had a little lavinz phase like 2years ago and the results varied wildly

I am not sure if I really even want lanvins...but the past 2-3 months these PH's have been calling my name hard [​IMG]

http://www.studiohomme.com/createurs...rre-hardy.html

13. APK

APK Senior member

I don't think Chrono's point was about having fun or not, but rather, if people hopping on the luxury sneaker bandwagon have the wardrobe to meld them with. Otherwise, the sneakers will look stupid, regardless of your personal opinion on the aesthetic merits of the shoes themselves.

14. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Thanks for the links onion thats a big help. They even have the ones I wanted.

15. onion

onion Senior member

Agreed. While I love Lanvin sneakers, and am definitely glad the forum is moving in the direction of high end sneakers in general, I could never wear them irl. I just don't have the wardrobe for them, unlike someone like Sq4you who pulls them off pretty nicely imo.... now MMM and CP on the other hand...

Thanks for the links onion thats a big help. They even have the ones I wanted.

Glad I could help. Which ones were you looking at?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.