Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I recently had to attend a Catholic funeral mass. Not being Catholic and not knowing what to expect, the wife and I dressed up the best we could since the deceased's family was very conservative and tended to dress more formally than us.

I wore my black Lad Musician suit, but was concerned it might look a little too fashion forward for a funeral. However once we entered the church, all my fears vanished....

The guy standing in the pew in front of us was wearing baggy carpenter pants and an over sized black hoodie. Every time he'd stand up, his pants would fall down part way revealing his underwear and butt crack! The guy looked to be about 55 to 60 years old.

So I started looking around at everyone and noticed about 1/3 of the audience were wearing extremely casual clothing (e.g. faded blue jeans, brightly colored REI rain parkas, etc) while most others were wearing dark suits and dresses. Furthermore nearly all the disgracefully dressed people were baby boomer age. This is a pattern I have often noticed at other social gatherings whenever a wide range of ages are present.

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

where the fuck are my junya pants. i am getting so impatient [​IMG]

As am I. I asked for a tracking number, and all I got was a "thank to you!".

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I recently had to attend a Catholic funeral mass. Not being Catholic and not knowing what to expect, the wife and I dressed up the best we could since the deceased's family was very conservative and tended to dress more formally than us.

I wore my black Lad Musician suit, but was concerned it might look a little too fashion forward for a funeral. However once we entered the church, all my fears vanished....

The guy standing in the pew in front of us was wearing baggy carpenter pants and an over sized black hoodie. Every time he'd stand up, his pants would fall down part way revealing his underwear and butt crack! The guy looked to be about 55 to 60 years old.

So I started looking around at everyone and noticed about 1/3 of the audience were wearing extremely casual clothing (e.g. faded blue jeans, brightly colored REI rain parkas, etc) while most others were wearing dark suits and dresses. Furthermore nearly all the disgracefully dressed people were baby boomer age. This is a pattern I have often noticed at other social gatherings whenever a wide range of ages are present.

It'd never fly in america, but mandatory school uniforms (preferably with a traditonal shoe and necktie requirement as is the case in many countries) til graduation for the next 3 or 4 generations of kids would work to alleviate this. On that note as well, give them proper food to eat at school and a couple food-based home ec classes early on, and they'd be less fat as well.

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

where the fuck are my junya pants. i am getting so impatient [​IMG]

where the fuck are my margiela german armys. i am getting so impatient.

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

looks like ill be in dc next year for med school. seems like a lot of sfers are from dc--yall gotta show me around

Send me or sq4you a pm

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I'm not surprised. What part of the US of this?

Near Seattle

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

It'd never fly in america, but mandatory school uniforms (preferably with a traditonal shoe and necktie requirement as is the case in many countries) til graduation for the next 3 or 4 generations of kids would work to alleviate this. On that note as well, give them proper food to eat at school and a couple food-based home ec classes early on, and they'd be less fat as well.

nah bro. i'd say most high schools here have uniforms with ties, but people still dress like shit.

9. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

looks like ill be in dc next year for med school. seems like a lot of sfers are from dc--yall gotta show me around
    how far down the rabbit hole are you (and your wallet) willing to go?

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Can anyone help me with suit jacket lengths? Interested in this suit, but I feel that the blazer might be too long. It measured 31.5 in from the bottom of the collar to the bottom hem, while most of mine are 28-29 inches. Would it be difficult/throw off the balance to get it shortened by maybe an inch and a half? What do you guys feel about a blazer that length? The front looks alright, but the back looks almost like a topcoat or something The model in this pic is roughly my height, maybe an inch or two shorter: [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I think it is already improving somewhat since most of the people in their 20's and 30's were dressed relatively ok at the funeral. It was mostly people in their 50's and 60's that looked terrible. While people in their 70's and above tended to look kind of dated, they at least made a solid effort to look good.

12. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

how far down the rabbit hole are you (and your wallet) willing to go?

pretty much all the way, but my wallet is pretty shallow. staring at 100k of debt in the face right now

13. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

that's much too long but I'm aggressive wtih my suit cuts.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

that's much too long but I'm aggressive wtih my suit cuts.

yeah, I am too, which is why I think i need an outside opinion. But it does seem long even for a "traditional" suit, especially from behind

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yeah, I am too, which is why I think i need an outside opinion. But it does seem long even for a "traditional" suit, especially from behind

i agree that it's a touch too long even for traditional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.