1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Actually now that I think about it, it's less the publicity and more the fanaticism, all the hype surrounding those damn helmets and claims that daft-punk is the 'best ever' electro band, I feel like screaming "ok great, we get it, you like daft punk", but I don't know, maybe I'm just projecting, meh.

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

I like this. Similar to what I wanna do come fall. From Topman [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. connor

connor Senior member

idk man... id say you normally look a lot better than that, by my tastes

4. willy cheesesteak

Lol, thanks. Yeah I wouldn't be doing it exactly like that, but different pieces/patterns and better fitting tops.

Also, smh, Danner Japan's offerings are way better than the US. -_-

5. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

that looks really cool, wheres it from?

6. willy cheesesteak

7. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

That's an awesome look, do eet.

8. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Yah, I wish I could find some white on white mountain boots or docs.

9. connor

connor Senior member

i really just dont get the whole sweats thing i guess. they may be some nice expensive sweats.. but theyre fuckin sweats.

10. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Sweat pants are so dope and comfortable.

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

i ordered the black skinnys in 31, theyre going back, fit fine in the waist, not working at all in the thighs, would def need to size up in this cut.

hows the denim on the "rigids"? might try out the greencasts

If the greencast was labeled rigid (I think it may have been), they are not rigid at all.

I guess my advice for the tapered cut would be to go TTS unless one truly has stick figure legs. They are vanity sized 1".

12. onion

onion Senior member

I was actually going to go in that direction as well (though not as tailored and clean as that), since my wardrobe is made up of a lot of that style of stuff anyways. In fact, I actually just picked up these Visvim x Fragment Design boots off ebay. They are maybe the most comfortable shoes ever. They go so well with my khakis and grays, as well as both slim and baggy pants. I love them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

i really just dont get the whole sweats thing i guess. they may be some nice expensive sweats.. but theyre fuckin sweats.

Your issue is your bias towards sweat pants, which is understandeable (we all know what the typical pair of sweat pants looks like) but unfair towards good quality sweats that are well made/designed. Think of them as loose cotton pants more than 'sweats' if it helps you discern between the two.

14. willy cheesesteak

Yeah I was looking at their boots too. They look pretty nice with the ankle padding and tongue detail but I just have a gut feeling that once you get to hold them in your hands, they'll feel cheap as hell. [​IMG]

15. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Yah, I wish I could find some white on white mountain boots or docs.
    [​IMG] They had them on their website all last year but I can't find them for sale anymore. They're called Pascal. edit: http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Pas.../dp/B001IZZB2S

16. onion

onion Senior member

Yeah I was looking at their boots too. They look pretty nice with the ankle padding and tongue detail but I just have a gut feeling that once you get to hold them in your hands, they'll feel cheap as hell.

Topman or Visvim?

17. willy cheesesteak

^Those are the DÃœM Martens™.

onion, Topman of course, lol.

I emailed Danner to see if they could switch out the regular soles on a pair of Mountain Lights to some Vibram Cristy soles, hopefully they can.

18. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

[​IMG]

They had them on their website all last year but I can't find them for sale anymore.
    They're called Pascal.

edit:
    http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Pas.../dp/B001IZZB2S
    Careful, they're in women's sizes

O nice

19. onion

onion Senior member

^Those are the DÃœM Martensâ„¢.

onion, Topman of course, lol.

I emailed Danner to see if they could switch out the regular soles on a pair of Mountain Lights to some Vibram Cristy soles, hopefully they can.

Yeah I'm sure quality will be shit on Topman. I mean keep in mind Hudson shoes are more expensive than those Topman on their website, and Hudson leather is awfulllllll. I'd definitely go Danner or the like. Even if you can't get the Vibram soles.

20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I've been moaning about how I watched a couple of items for a while, waiting for them to get marked down, only to not have the money to get them once they were. In a rare swing of good luck, both of them resurfaced on their respective website on the same day.

Already bought one of them (last one apparently) and am still contemplating the other (want, but not a real necessity right now).

I'm not sure any sale item I've ever watched has sold out and then been restocked. Especially when they don't seem to be anywhere else on the entire damn internet.

I hope that other one is a size M WWM floral print shirt from Tres Bien. I only know it came back in stock because I took a chance and bought the small since the medium was sold out, and just checked the sale again to see if anything neat was left, lo and behold the size M was back. Small fits me like I wanted though, so I'm pretty happy.

But seriously, that shirt is fucking awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.