• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i must admit i have probably 5-7 j.crew buttondown shirts sitting in my closet unworn cause i am too lazy to get them tailored slimmer... will happen sooner or later, but buying shirts for under $30 / piece on sale is no big deal to me, $30 + $30 tailoring = pretty good shirt

although i'd much rather just kop band of outsiders around $100 all day

My custom-tailored JCrew gingham shirt fits better and slimmer than any BoO that I have tried. And all for under $70.
smile.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
My custom-tailored JCrew gingham shirt fits better and slimmer than any BoO that I have tried. And all for under $70.
smile.gif

oh no...
lol8[1].gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
smile.gif

I own several Band shirts that I purchased for less than $70
biggrin.gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have to add is that if your placing clothing buys before the rest of your life then you need to reconsider.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I own several Band shirts that I purchased for less than $70
biggrin.gif

Good for you.
smile.gif

I'd probably buy BoO for that price - though would still be up for another $20 - $30 to tailor the sleeves and waist.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

oh no...
lol8[1].gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
All I have to add is that if your placing clothing buys before the rest of your life then you need to reconsider.

preach on

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
All I have to say is if you have to come and spend time on forum about clothing you're a pathetic person.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The last several pages are like all the thoughts I've withheld, but presented by other people.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
All I have to say is if you have to come and spend time on forum about clothing you're a pathetic person.
Even more pathetic is coming to a forum about clothing, not contributing anything worthwhile, and attempting to act superior to people who come and spend time on a forum about clothing to actually learn something.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Seriously, who comes to a forum to learn about clothes. They should have learned that **** in grade school.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Sorry, man, but I took Wood Shop instead of Home Ec.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

So does mine. But then again I could never fit in a BoO...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Random fashion thought: does anybody know why Valentino didn't do a Spring/Summer 2010 presentation or runway men's show? I keep searching online, but can't find anything. It's like they just tried to sneak out of Milan! I always like to see what they put out, as the last 3 years or so have had some really nice collections... but they POOF! Nothing. And the valentino website, wwd, etc. has nothing.
frown.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^Sorry, man, but I took Wood Shop instead of Home Ec.

Only wusses take wood shop, men take metal shop pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads