Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you might be on to something

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I wonder if some (not all) of the people planning to dump their clothes are just bored. Fall/winter sales season is a real rush but now it is over, runway shows are over, no spring/summer blowouts yet. Bored.

I still think that if people can't go all out, then they should focus on outerwear and shoes, mainly, and not compromise those, maybe get yourself a nice bag if you live in the city. You can scrimp a little to a lot on pants, shirts, knits, and still look stylish. The S/S wardrobe prune can just be a renewal of outers and shoes, and regular stylishness can continue as programmed.

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I think I'd rather have someone make a kanye reference (not that I own anything he does) rather than go to a party in weho where every du is wearing chucks as with 89% of the male population. My vandals get jocked daily.

Yeah, especially cuz Kanye is awesome.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

you make it sound like some isolated village i mean with tv/internet prevalence people would inevitably be exposed to some of that even unintentionally? but i get what you saying in general

for some reason i keep getting asked about a filson bag i have. i got it cause it can't break and people want to know where it's from etc

Well, Idaho apparently is second only to Alaska in fraction of the state designated as wilderness. But that's besides the point. We tend to filter out most of whatever information we are exposed to, especially the minutiae of subjects we are not interested in. Add the fact that media is increasingly fragmented, and that people can increasingly screen for only that which they are interested in, and what I wrote doesn't seem so implausible. I'll tell you what Idahoans know though - guns. There are dudes here with as many guns as I have belts, which is a lot. It's like "Well, this is for bighorn sheep, but then I got one of the few permits for last year, and I felt so great that I bought another gun just for that."

Filson bags have two things going for them: 1) a very distinctive look, and 2) they look like they are bulletproof. The first attracts attention, the second makes guys think "want".

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

yoox sample sale has really kicked off, ridiculous prices on some stuff but not much stock so smaller sizes are gone. still some good deals for larger folk

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

How the shit do you find the sale section on yoox? Did they remove the link?

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Google yoox sample sale

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, Idaho apparently is second only to Alaska in fraction of the state designated as wilderness. But that's besides the point. We tend to filter out most of whatever information we are exposed to, especially the minutiae of subjects we are not interested in. Add the fact that media is increasingly fragmented, and that people can increasingly screen for only that which they are interested in, and what I wrote doesn't seem so implausible. I'll tell you what Idahoans know though - guns. There are dudes here with as many guns as I have belts, which is a lot. It's like "Well, this is for bighorn sheep, but then I got one of the few permits for last year, and I felt so great that I bought another gun just for that."

Filson bags have two things going for them: 1) a very distinctive look, and 2) they look like they are bulletproof. The first attracts attention, the second makes guys think "want".

Honestly you are the only person I know that is from Idaho. Actually the only person I know that has even been inside of Idaho. I still think it doesn't really exist. Saying this as someone from South Dakota.

10. LA Guy

Honestly you are the only person I know that is from Idaho. Actually the only person I know that has even been inside of Idaho. I still think it doesn't really exist. Saying this as someone from South Dakota.

Actually, I'm Canadian, from the urban corridor between Toronto and Montreal, and before I came here, I lived in LA and Boston, so it's been a learning experience. It's pretty interesting though. I tend to be pretty happy no matter where I am, though I really liked LA a whole lot more than I did Boston.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

Idaho is great nature wise. I had one of the best experiences of my life backpacking by myself through the Sawtooth Mountains for a couple of days.

12. LA Guy

Picked up a Prada dress shirt. It's Prada and Jil Sander dress shirts for me. I have a ridiculous number of them, considering how seldom I wear button ups.

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Do Raf Simons dress pants run true to size normally?

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Man, that was disappointing. I was excited to see a few brands I like at the yoox sale, only to realize that it was the one or two absolute most ugliest pieces ever produced by each brand.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^There was some good stuff hidden in there, but yeah, mostly not so great and the good stuff sold out quick. EDIT: now that I look they have a ton of WWM if people are into that. Some size S should get this. http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...=sr_ssalemen80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.