Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Looks great, very mellowfellow steeze

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^^ good shit. The mall brands here still think epaulets on everything=style.

3. nomad

nomad Senior member

Too bad those pieces are Japan only - none of them are more than fifty or sixty dollars. The Muji in London is pretty limited clothing wise.

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have variations on two of those pieces. At least Korea gets Japanese mall brands so I can get plenty of cheap basics.

5. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

As someone who lurked at this message board for years before ever posting here, the evolution of group think on this board is fascinating. Check out the WAYWT from a couple of years back until now to see what I'm getting at. Especially telling are early shots and/or posts of some of the forum "big timers". It's pretty amazing.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Not really fascinating, a group of people sharing a common interest will often influence one another through years of discussion just like any peer group would in real life.

On another note, I wonder how many more times robert will mention face shirt in his incessant insecure barrage whenever people mock his stylistic choices.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

8. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

Well let me put it this way, for those of us who came to this forum with a defined style or prefrences that hasn't/haven't changed all that much for some time and use this forum as an aggregator of clothing information, witnessing the "forum culture" can be , well uh, fascinating.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't see how it's that fascinating. Lots of people coming to the forum as a blank slate. Some people come with a more defined style but are open to flirting around in other areas. Some people are looking to come up with a defined "style" others just want to quickly/easily/cheaply look attractive to others, some use it a form of expression and others hobbyists. Like jet said, look at any close circle of 4-5 friends and tell me that their sense of humor, interests, opinions, etc... aren't influenced somewhat by the other and ebb and flow together. Can retain individuality but it's kinda predictable (not a bad thing though).

If anything it's all as to be expected. There are a lot of different styles here (though some don't post that much) and a good amount can appreciate all that fashion has to offer. But if the board was all extremely different people with very different opinions with little overlap and change it'd be kinda strange. The people who didn't fit in would probably migrate somewhere where they feel more "at home" clothing and personality wise which is ultimately why we're here on SF

10. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

It takes all kinds, I suppose.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I think there's a variety of posters, it's fun to see a dude right out of a J. Crew lookbook followed by Julius stuff

12. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

there are definite groupthink evolutions.

I think some of the sneakers around today may have got a bit of flak a couple of years ago.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I guess these days (not really possible 3 years ago when you started lurking here) if i wasn't going to post much i'd rather just follow a few blogs and online magazines and maybe just check here/sufu for the buy&sell/supermarket. While SF/sufu is nice, it's not really info you can't gain from those sources. The main thing is the sense of community and camaraderie. Which is why i guess i don't really get longterm trolling. But part of the charm of a forum is getting to know people, them knowing you, inside jokes, sharing opinions/interests/info with people who appreciate it, etc... Same can be said about real life circle of friends. Some people on the forum hang out a fair amount IRL (dc boiz)

I stopped posting on sufu because i stopped connecting with the majority of posters. A lot of good posters who were down to earth, smart, and had good taste left or got banned. I'd imagine the same thing here. I probably enjoy a higher % of waywt posts there (well, last year, i don't know if sufu waywt is still what it was) but the community is lacking now for me. Too much oneupmanship and competition for funny to the point where it doesn't feel as easygoing. I do appreciate the variety of styles here though. Going from shoreman to bb1 to mellowfellow to nicelnice and a rare berlin post is nice. I'm glad that impolyt and nicelnice are posting more now. They definitely have added to the place the last few months

I dunno. i'm bored and it's 330. probably should just sleep.

on a fashion note, i'm just tired lately. saw some cutoff jean shorts and wondered if me making a pair of jean and khaki shorts, getting some brown boat shoes, and cycling random tshirts or lightweight button ups would be considered giving up? It was only in the 60s today but i had some swamp ass something serious

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

BR pulled off denim shorts pretty damn well
    Originally Posted by Mr. Moo [​IMG] Berlin Report gets so much love ONLY because he has salt and pepper hair and a weathered face. He wears average clothing that happens to fit better than average. That is all.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Nice stems on Berlin.

People need to figure out that it's themselves that lends attitude to clothing, not the clothing itself, and they aren't gonna look cool by changing their clothes if they're goobers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.