Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm gonna go up to NYC in the summer. shoudl be fun.

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes, do it

3. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like how teger has posted about his apc 3x. Look at how many pairs of jeans he's wasted his time with better construction, materials etc and now he is coming back to the gravy of jean cuts.

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I think people put way too much thought into jeans. Find a cut you like and rock em to death. Even my nudie's from high school faded way better than my diors. Never understood the marginal appeal of selvedge.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

PC is weak, will not succumb

7. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

James let me know when you roll through, would love to grab some food!

Hey,

I'll be in NYC on April 10,11,12. Leaving at noon on the 12th though. I'll pm you additional deets, would love to grab some food and drinks.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't understand the recent hype for Dior 19cms. I have a pair and I think the cuts crap for anything, but slouching them bellow your boxers and wearing them high tops so you have huge stacks. I prefer the 17.5 cm cut, its much slimmer. The 19cm is a kind of weird cut, quite tight on the upper leg and ass then loose on the knee and calfs.

9. avery

avery Senior member

i find the exact opposite about 19's. when i wear them sagged, they're pretty loose in the top block/ass but relatively fitted below the knee down to the hem. i think it's a pretty good cut.

10. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

I'm planning on possibly biking to Boston this summer, though not sure if it will occur. Was thinking about couchsurfing with a friend, taking five or six days to get there (it is a little over four-hundred miles) and meeting up with some other friends who are driving. I know it sounds like a lot, but it should be easy (relatively) over that amount of time.

Might cop a pair of raws to wear (need a new pair to bike in this summer anyway).

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

So I weigh 40 lbs less than on January 1st. I don't look that different, but fewer and fewer of my clothes fit the way I want. I have some good slim stuff that fits so I have a wardrobe... but this leaves open several questions in light of the fact that I have no idea if I am going to stay at this weight or bulk up again.

Do I supplement my current rotation of slim stuff with new items that fit me at this size? If I get bigger, said new purchases will no longer fit.

Do I have a huge B&S sale to clear out all my now-too-big-to-be-workable clothing? If I get bigger, I will need it again.

Do I get a bunch of stuff tailored down? Same problem.

Dilemmas.

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

I don't understand the recent hype for Dior 19cms. I have a pair and I think the cuts crap for anything, but slouching them bellow your boxers and wearing them high tops so you have huge stacks. I prefer the 17.5 cm cut, its much slimmer. The 19cm is a kind of weird cut, quite tight on the upper leg and ass then loose on the knee and calfs.

Judging from your WAYWT though, you seem very skinny so the 17.5 probably would work for you best. People of a more normal build probably benefit from the extra room in the lower leg 19 cms give.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Well done
    So I weigh 40 lbs less than on January 1st. I don't look that different, but fewer and fewer of my clothes fit the way I want. I have some good slim stuff that fits so I have a wardrobe... but this leaves open several questions in light of the fact that I have no idea if I am going to stay at this weight or bulk up again.

Do I supplement my current rotation of slim stuff with new items that fit me at this size? If I get bigger, said new purchases will no longer fit.

Do I have a huge B&S sale to clear out all my now-too-big-to-be-workable clothing? If I get bigger, I will need it again.

Do I get a bunch of stuff tailored down? Same problem.

Dilemmas.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Thanks, but it'll only be well done if I keep it off and continue moving in the right direction... I just don't know if I should hold off buying any clothes for a while given that sudden shift in size. But strangely I went from having too many pairs of jeans to basically having none. I have 7-8 pairs of pants and a dozen or so shirts that fit me though, at least.

15. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

http://twitter.com/LAfares

Apparently the LAX - Boston is a mistake
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That sucks man. Regardless, Boston is definitely worth a visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.