Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

that's been my mantra for a while now.

u know anything about thom browne pant fits?

They are high waisted with somewhat relaxed thighs and a taper. They have plenty of fabric to be altered anyway. I have my tailor make the waist larger (si I have the option of wearing them slightly lower) and the leg slimmer. (no break but no ankle showing).

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Boombox by The Lonely Island is by far the best thing Julian Casablancas has been involved with since the first Strokes album (0).

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

[​IMG] not as good as I'm On A Boat, Jizzed in My Pants and Threw It On The Ground but still pretty great.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Boombox by The Lonely Island is by far the best thing Julian Casablancas has been involved with since the first Strokes album (0).
    The only part I like is "everyone was wearing fingerless gloves" never understood what was funny about those vids...

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

last verse was crucial.

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I hate how pedestrian it is to own a perfecto in NYC now, or a leather at all for that matter.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I hate how pedestrian it is to own a perfecto in NYC now, or a leather at all for that matter.

/last 50 years.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Literally everyone in LA is wearing them at the moment that's why my mmm 3 pocket bomber is coming out next fall.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Always been like that though. Hipster kids always in black perfecto style leathers. Lots of girls in bombers (some with hoods). I duno where they're getting them but i see a lot in the college kid area of town.

Usually all the leathers i see are bad looking black leather though. Really nice black leathers or grey or some kind of interesting wash still seems fresh. Some of that suede ToJ jackets would kill.

Fuck it though. Leathers are still nice if you pull the specific jacket off well

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

Fuck it though. Leathers are still nice if you pull the specific jacket off well

absolutely

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Luckily in Korea the perfecto is a girls only jacket or something because every other girl has one but outside of a couple guys, I just see them wearing shitty bombers and leather blazers.

12. Chris Du Toit

Chris Du Toit New Member

Thinking of getting myself a nice scarf like the one you're wearing...like the look, but not sure if it will look good on me.

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Anyone else bored with clothes?

There's always something inspiring out there but I feel like I've had my fill with supple black leather, raw denims, Pima tee's, military, preppy, plaid, vintage, crispy Lanvin steez etc

I just saw a new line out of Japan called White Mountaineering that's cool.

http://www.whitemountaineering.com/main.html

I also like http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx

I'm mostly responding to their outerwear which ironically I can't buy because I live in SoCal.

That's about it, anyone else bored or do you think the current offerings are epic?

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

i'm more into clothes than i've ever been, just wish i could experiment more

also i haven't tucked in my shirt since i was 13 and i hope i never do again

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Anyone else bored with clothes?

There's always something inspiring out there but I feel like I've had my fill with supple black leather, raw denims, Pima tee's, military, preppy, plaid, vintage, crispy Lanvin steez etc

I just saw a new line out of Japan called White Mountaineering that's cool.

http://www.whitemountaineering.com/main.html

I also like http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx

I'm mostly responding to their outerwear which ironically I can't buy because I live in SoCal.

That's about it, anyone else bored or do you think the current offerings are epic?

I am the same way, but I think you and I probably feel this way because we have to think about clothes all the time and make them all day. I have been limiting my clothesmaking work (including talking about it on the internet) a bit lately so I don't go crazy. Need a vacation from my vacation.

Most of the people I've met through superfuture over the years have all slowed down on the clothes as well. I know some guys who had $50-$100K or more sunk into their wardrobes, but don't wear more than a $1 white tee and costco sweatpants nowadays, they've burnt out and broken down. Some of that has to do with what's out there - workwear isn't a good successor to glory days-era Dior Homme/et al, and a lot of the high fashion trends lately are harder to sell to guys who have the money but possibly not the balls to head out of the house in a cape, a skirt, a pair of leggings, and some technical high-boot gladiator sandals with contrasting neon socks.

I am seriously thinking of just getting 5 suits, a bunch of white shirts and some nice ties, some nice shoes, and wearing suits and ties. I have no need to wear a suit but I've gotten pretty sloppy over the years and dressing up a bit might be refreshing. I'm wearing a $1 white Hanes tee that is well past its prime, and a pair of APC petit standards with a taco spill on the crotch, as I type this. I will probably wear the same jeans tomorrow too. There has to be something wrong with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.