• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
straight from the horses mouth:
Clearly people had put thought into their outfits, but it was not buoyed by anything historic or of tradition thus there was no true Intent.
he then goes on to say
Indeed, the Milk set made the Doyennes of Fashion feel like bloated dinosaurs with their cheap celebrity mongering, which provides the kind of schlocky vicarious thrills that only aspiring fashion merchandising students at some cut-rate state school and housewives in flyover states find exciting.
I'm glad I am not alone on this.
worship.gif
LK

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis
Who is going to buy the Nigel Cabourn Cameraman jacket? http://www.oipolloi.com/store/NigelC...avy-12066.html

If I sold my Volvo I could nearly afford it.

Originally Posted by DesignerValet
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't "get" Nigel Cabourn. Generally speaking it's nice, but nothing you can't find from a cheaper or more easily-available brand.

Or is it the price and rarity exactly what makes it attractive?

Late to the game, but...
92039445.jpg

To be honest, most Cabourn is way out of my price range. I feel like I need to wait for it to hit 50% off and then I can think about whether or not I can afford it. I managed to grab mine at 75% off. It's ridiculous in a very good way. Materials and construction are unreal.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p.s.- saw a homeless dude yesterday, and he was wearing a Y-3 jacket.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
p.s.- saw a homeless dude yesterday, and he was wearing a Y-3 jacket.
Dude's got his priorities straight: swag first, eat last
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Wow and I didn't even get a shout out LK?
frown.gif

"The male homosexual fashion contingent was out in full-force in outrageously distastefully things that was even less informed than their female counterparts." I thought that was the shout out?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

"The male homosexual fashion contingent was out in full-force in outrageously distastefully things that was even less informed than their female counterparts."

I thought that was the shout out?

There it is right there.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
consider the leopard one copped (0)

J04_group_1265993962.jpg

and also this

J12_gray_1265996067.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I was assuming you were the person gyrating to lady gaga scooping up all the catamites
haha

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
consider the leopard one copped (0)

J04_group_1265993962.jpg

and also this

J12_gray_1265996067.jpg

Wow, I never thought anyone on SF would pay good money for Supreme. Camo jacket is honestly not that bad, but that varsity is bleccch.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
He's not entirely wrong, especially when comparing Bryant Park to Milk Studio. Seven parties are usually fun though..
Milk Studio had an open bar sponsored by Belvedere Vodka. I did like J.Mendel not only because they had well draped gowns and creative furs, but also because they handed out small bottles of Moet & Chandon to be drunk like beer and the designer, Gilles Mendel was a nice individual.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the fleece zip up (with the baseball/varsity collar) and the Only the Strong ref tee (I'm a sucker for hardcore logo rips). Not digging the leopard.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Supreme has done some good stuff.

I guess, if you look beyond the basics or graphic tees that they just slap a logo on... but I guess that's no different from most brands. Still, a couple of my friends are pseudo-hypebeasts and the way they sweat supreme is ridiculous.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

"The male homosexual fashion contingent was out in full-force in outrageously distastefully things that was even less informed than their female counterparts."

I thought that was the shout out?

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I was assuming you were the person gyrating to lady gaga scooping up all the catamites

All I know is my Gareth Pugh coat got me right in the door and plenty of come hither eyes from the young aspirational gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads