1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

there's more to life than fancy clothes

Blasphemy!

2. robbie

robbie Senior member

Blasphemy!

spoken like a man who has never talked to a woman

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

spoken like a man who has never talked to a woman
    You came to this party pretty late.

4. robbie

robbie Senior member

ohh i suppose.

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Thank God for Roden Gray. Honestly there aren't that many cities in the US that have a store that good. TO has Nomad. If you compare where you live to NYC you're obviously going to be disappointed, but if that's the case then fucking move there.

Roden Gray pisses me off because they still charge PST for orders outside of BC. WTF?

6. jet

jet Senior member

I need to get some fancy knits and some good trousers and everything will be on a much higher level.

/end random fashion thoughts

This is an excellent proposition and one that I live by.

there's more to life than fancy clothes

You do realize you're on a fancy clothing forum...don't you???

Idiot.

7. lechon&rice

lechon&rice Well-Known Member

This is an excellent proposition and one that I live by.

You do realize you're on a fancy clothing forum...don't you???

Idiot.

stupid animal!

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

^^ Bye L&R. Good to see that the "banned" pimp hand has been up and slapping people lately. People have been earning it.

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

The Big Question:
    Why doesn't my mom understand I neeeeed these oxfords!!!!

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Roden Gray pisses me off because they still charge PST for orders outside of BC. WTF?
    I assume they're required to... also you're buying Geller / Tim Hamilton / Wings + Horns / Nico / Krane for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, don't do that if 7% tax is going to actually be enough to piss you off! Anyway the discount at 10% more than offsets that, which is something we in-store customers don't get the benefit of.

11. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

The thought of having to dress 'business casual' and the wardrobe increase associated with it scares me.

12. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I assume they're required to... also you're buying Geller / Tim Hamilton / Wings + Horns / Nico / Krane for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, don't do that if 7% tax is going to actually be enough to piss you off! Anyway the discount at 10% more than offsets that, which is something we in-store customers don't get the benefit of.
    No, they don't have to. Orders shipped out of province are not subject to PST which is why our other BC affiliate, Four Horeseman Shop, doesn't charge it. In the end Roden Gray is really only hurting themselves by charging PST so whatever floats their boat I guess.

13. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Big werd to this every time I see that I think lazy ass bitch can't even wear shoes, these are the type of women who get fat as they get older.

Quoted for signature.

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

That's a damn good point. One of my girls wears sandals all the time, the other, heels. Something to think about.

15. why

why Senior member

[​IMG]

I took 'I hate Blue Angels' to mean the slang for highway traffic. It just seemed to make more sense given the context.

16. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

That's a damn good point. One of my girls wears sandals all the time, the other, heels. Something to think about.

I'll give a pass to somewhat stylish sandals.

The two things i feel there is no excuse for are the Old Navy, $2, worn until they fall aprat flip flops (especially in white) and Reef flip flops (especially the ones with a bottle cap opener on the heel).

Fuck.

17. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I keep changing my mind on my next big purchase. I was thinking JtG Harrington. Now I'm thinking Fred Perry sweater. In reality, I should be looking for a pair of dress shoes.

Why is it that I always want to buy what I sort of need, instead of what I really need?

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

I want to get to the point where I mostly buy what I want and not what I need.

19. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I never have anything to wear and end up wearing the same thing/s over and over again. Meanwhile my closet door doesn't close properly anymore because the contents are spilling out. I'm really too old to still have the same bad habit I had when I was 17.

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

Does anybody do the closet clean-out thing where you go in and throw out anything you haven't touch in a couple years? Or whatever the time rule is on that. I've started doing that, and I don't miss anything I've tossed away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.