• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to get a large floppy hat?

Thrift?

Ideally, maybe some kind of waxed texture fabric., or am I doomed to have to shell out $500+ for one from Ann D?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Anyone know the best place to get a large floppy hat?

Thrift?

Ideally, maybe some kind of waxed texture fabric., or am I doomed to have to shell out $500+ for one from Ann D?

pitti

click here

Reaction score

What do you guys think is a good jacket for travelling around the world? I am looking for jacket that is able to keep me warm during winter in Europe, somewhat waterproof but also lightweight so that I am would be able to carry it around with me in South East Asia. So far I am thinking of getting a Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, good choice? Any other recommendations?

More recommendations please?

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just get a shell and a base layer for colder weather - get it from some outdoors company...MEC, REI, Arc'teryx, Patagonia, North Face, etc...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
barbour with liner

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soft shell + Ultra Light Down jacket—wear individually or layered together. Good for travel since both take very little space.

barbour with liner
Or this. Took my lined International field jacket on my last long trip and didn't need anything else.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you guys think is a good jacket for travelling around the world? I am looking for jacket that is able to keep me warm during winter in Europe, somewhat waterproof but also lightweight so that I am would be able to carry it around with me in South East Asia. So far I am thinking of getting a Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, good choice? Any other recommendations?

More recommendations please?

Where in europe?

Winter in Europe goes from about -25c to +10c.

click here

Reaction score
^ Mostly in France and planning on going up to Sweden, maybe to the Laplands to see the Aurora Borealis (but if it's too cold I won't go). Then to Poland in the summer.

These 2 jackets are what I have in mind at the moment. Will wear layers and ultra light down jacket

Nanamica Cruiser

Barbour Bedale

Leaning more towards the Barbour. Anyone know where is the best place to get the Barbour Bedale?

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
I doubt that any jacket that you could comfortably wear in Southeast Asia is going to be sufficient to keep you warm in Lapland during the winter.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, below 0 degrees celsius in the most southern part of Sweden now.
I wore uniqlo heatech, a thick flannel shirt, big Schneider scarf covering the whole torso and a wool coat this morning and I was still freezing.

It's gonna be worse if you go further up north and Lapland is just miserably cold (-20 atm).

I'd get the Nanamica and if you pair it with a ultra light down and some heattech you'll probably be fine.

Last edited:

click here

Reaction score
I probably won't even wear the jacket in SE Asia. Just want it to be lightweight so that it can be easy to carry around in my backpack.

Yeah, below 0 degrees celsius in the most southern part of Sweden now. 
It's gonna be worse if you go further up north.

How's the weather during summer?

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Southern Scandinavia is 15-20c in the summer and 25-27c on a good day.

The weather is the best around august.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just amil the jacket back home when you don't need it anymore? Saves a lot of annoyance and isn't that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HHS5