Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Opening Ceremony shoes are really, really underwhelming IRL, with very few exceptions, and yet every boutique under the sun carries a large selection.

2. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

^ and Swear shoes - a cheap copout for 'boutiques' to lure customers in and leave with tat

3. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

It pays to wait a few weeks for cult items to drop - a natalia brulli leather bracelet seen at Reborn, Montreal for close to 200cdn - now 78euros at studiohomme

[​IMG]

4. APK

APK Senior member

Opening Ceremony shoes are really, really underwhelming IRL, with very few exceptions, and yet every boutique under the sun carries a large selection.

Which is too bad since I've always liked the looks of their desert boots. The price has always made me balk, though, especially given the consensus about the quality.

5. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

OC shoes may be overwhelming in person if a person is expecting an incredibly well-made shoe with high quality materials. I think the appeal of OC shoes, to me, is the sleekness of the shape and the somewhat minimalistic design. Also, I've constantly heard forum members mention quality issues, but I have to yet to experience any and I own three pairs. My first pair, which were desert boots, have lasted over two years already.

6. jaac

jaac Senior member

The only thing that makes anything you write funny is imagining it in the most ridiculous Australian accent. Fucking bogans.

(cant embed)

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

OC shoes may be overwhelming in person if a person is expecting an incredibly well-made shoe with high quality materials. I think the appeal of OC shoes, to me, is the sleekness of the shape and the somewhat minimalistic design. Also, I've constantly heard forum members mention quality issues, but I have to yet to experience any and I own three pairs. My first pair, which were desert boots, have lasted over two years already.
    Disagree. I think they're underwhelming regardless. When you see shoes that cost $280-380 in multiple nice boutiques you expect a higher level of quality. They look and feel cheap to even the most untrained eye or novice shopper. However, the styling is what people are buying them for i understand which is why if you can find them on the cheap, it's still a good buy. I own a pair and while i warn people about buying them i do sing the praises of what they do well. Which brings me to my other point
    It has been like 2 years since OC shoes have taken off. Why hasn't another shoemaker stepped in to take the place making better quality shoes in a similar price range or stay the OC quality and lower the price a bit. Just fast fashion shoes without being hideous like schoomve/swear. Sleek but classic shapes, good color selection, suede/canvas/leather, slim sole. Seems there is a big market for it and both quality/price ranges would work, it's just that OC's seems to be a bit weird. I know rachel comeys seems to be the only other one at the moment and then i guess some other brands have similar shoes (YMC but they look and feel just as cheap. would never recommend those shoes). Rachel Comey shoes are kinda underwhelming in online photos and i've only seen 1 model in person and felt it was on a similar level to OC so i'm not sure.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Disagree. I think they're underwhelming regardless. When you see shoes that cost $280-380 in multiple nice boutiques you expect a higher level of quality. They look and feel cheap to even the most untrained eye or novice shopper. However, the styling is what people are buying them for i understand which is why if you can find them on the cheap, it's still a good buy. I own a pair and while i warn people about buying them i do sing the praises of what they do well. Which brings me to my other point

It has been like 2 years since OC shoes have taken off. Why hasn't another shoemaker stepped in to take the place making better quality shoes in a similar price range or stay the OC quality and lower the price a bit. Just fast fashion shoes without being hideous like schoomve/swear. Sleek but classic shapes, good color selection, suede/canvas/leather, slim sole. Seems there is a big market for it and both quality/price ranges would work, it's just that OC's seems to be a bit weird.

I know rachel comeys seems to be the only other one at the moment and then i guess some other brands have similar shoes (YMC but they look and feel just as cheap. would never recommend those shoes). Rachel Comey shoes are kinda underwhelming in online photos and i've only seen 1 model in person and felt it was on a similar level to OC so i'm not sure.

Yo fuck this garbage Alex, let's start making shoes.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Holy WTF. AdidasxStar Wars shoes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Almost as good as the Raf Asics.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

The packaging is awesome too.

12. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

As ugly as the micropacers are, I can't help but stare longingly at the holographic silver, pokemon turned me into a cat as a child.

As for OC, while they don't seem as though they are going to disintegrate or anything, the do rub the top of my toes due to the construction. They aren't even considerable to me at retail as the construction is so lacking, and oftentimes the materials themselves look cheap.

(cant embed)

It is blocked in the US, apparently.

13. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

Random thought: I would give anything for stores to get in Rachel Comey (Dillinger - not the rather ugly Uncle Dan) or Vanishing Elephant (Felix) shoes. Why can't there be more brands with their aesthetic? It is perfect, and has made me disregard the very traditional looking Aldens of the world. I've been looking for months and everyone is sold out of my common 9.5 size. Surely there is demand for these shoes? Why can't stockists fill orders? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG]
    Now see, this reminds me of the shit I used to wear as a kid. TMNT, Voltron, Thundercats, MASK, and then later on MMPR. I can't imagine what this will retail but for the price they better include the matching undies.

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Also, I was having breakfast with a friend today when I noticed a guy dressed in full RRL. It was hard to explain to my friend but I said it was something like seeing an internet unicorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.