• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chroMe

Reaction score
^ and Swear shoes - a cheap copout for 'boutiques' to lure customers in and leave with tat

chroMe

Reaction score
It pays to wait a few weeks for cult items to drop - a natalia brulli leather bracelet seen at Reborn, Montreal for close to 200cdn - now 78euros at studiohomme

nataliabrilli.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Opening Ceremony shoes are really, really underwhelming IRL, with very few exceptions, and yet every boutique under the sun carries a large selection.

Which is too bad since I've always liked the looks of their desert boots. The price has always made me balk, though, especially given the consensus about the quality.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
OC shoes may be overwhelming in person if a person is expecting an incredibly well-made shoe with high quality materials. I think the appeal of OC shoes, to me, is the sleekness of the shape and the somewhat minimalistic design. Also, I've constantly heard forum members mention quality issues, but I have to yet to experience any and I own three pairs. My first pair, which were desert boots, have lasted over two years already.

jaac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
The only thing that makes anything you write funny is imagining it in the most ridiculous Australian accent. ******* bogans.

(cant embed)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
OC shoes may be overwhelming in person if a person is expecting an incredibly well-made shoe with high quality materials. I think the appeal of OC shoes, to me, is the sleekness of the shape and the somewhat minimalistic design. Also, I've constantly heard forum members mention quality issues, but I have to yet to experience any and I own three pairs. My first pair, which were desert boots, have lasted over two years already.
Disagree. I think they're underwhelming regardless. When you see shoes that cost $280-380 in multiple nice boutiques you expect a higher level of quality. They look and feel cheap to even the most untrained eye or novice shopper. However, the styling is what people are buying them for i understand which is why if you can find them on the cheap, it's still a good buy. I own a pair and while i warn people about buying them i do sing the praises of what they do well. Which brings me to my other point
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Opening Ceremony shoes are really, really underwhelming IRL, with very few exceptions, and yet every boutique under the sun carries a large selection.
It has been like 2 years since OC shoes have taken off. Why hasn't another shoemaker stepped in to take the place making better quality shoes in a similar price range or stay the OC quality and lower the price a bit. Just fast fashion shoes without being hideous like schoomve/swear. Sleek but classic shapes, good color selection, suede/canvas/leather, slim sole. Seems there is a big market for it and both quality/price ranges would work, it's just that OC's seems to be a bit weird. I know rachel comeys seems to be the only other one at the moment and then i guess some other brands have similar shoes (YMC but they look and feel just as cheap. would never recommend those shoes). Rachel Comey shoes are kinda underwhelming in online photos and i've only seen 1 model in person and felt it was on a similar level to OC so i'm not sure.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Disagree. I think they're underwhelming regardless. When you see shoes that cost $280-380 in multiple nice boutiques you expect a higher level of quality. They look and feel cheap to even the most untrained eye or novice shopper. However, the styling is what people are buying them for i understand which is why if you can find them on the cheap, it's still a good buy. I own a pair and while i warn people about buying them i do sing the praises of what they do well. Which brings me to my other point

It has been like 2 years since OC shoes have taken off. Why hasn't another shoemaker stepped in to take the place making better quality shoes in a similar price range or stay the OC quality and lower the price a bit. Just fast fashion shoes without being hideous like schoomve/swear. Sleek but classic shapes, good color selection, suede/canvas/leather, slim sole. Seems there is a big market for it and both quality/price ranges would work, it's just that OC's seems to be a bit weird.

I know rachel comeys seems to be the only other one at the moment and then i guess some other brands have similar shoes (YMC but they look and feel just as cheap. would never recommend those shoes). Rachel Comey shoes are kinda underwhelming in online photos and i've only seen 1 model in person and felt it was on a similar level to OC so i'm not sure.

Yo **** this garbage Alex, let's start making shoes.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As ugly as the micropacers are, I can't help but stare longingly at the holographic silver, pokemon turned me into a cat as a child.

As for OC, while they don't seem as though they are going to disintegrate or anything, the do rub the top of my toes due to the construction. They aren't even considerable to me at retail as the construction is so lacking, and oftentimes the materials themselves look cheap.

Originally Posted by jaac
(cant embed)

It is blocked in the US, apparently.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Random thought: I would give anything for stores to get in Rachel Comey (Dillinger - not the rather ugly Uncle Dan) or Vanishing Elephant (Felix) shoes. Why can't there be more brands with their aesthetic? It is perfect, and has made me disregard the very traditional looking Aldens of the world. I've been looking for months and everyone is sold out of my common 9.5 size. Surely there is demand for these shoes? Why can't stockists fill orders?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
starwars43.jpg

Now see, this reminds me of the **** I used to wear as a kid. TMNT, Voltron, Thundercats, MASK, and then later on MMPR. I can't imagine what this will retail but for the price they better include the matching undies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads