1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

It's actually a 4 star hotel.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Good deal then. Go expedia or whatever?

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If you book ahead and check hotels own site, you can get a good deal from time to time.

I saved £60 on a £120 room a couple years back, booking on the hotels own site 2 months before.

I've been lucky on Agoda.com and londontown.com as well.

4. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I always go to Trivago or Booking.com. Select city & dates, filter by only good rating, less than 1km from my workplace (I hate the tube in the mornings) and sort by price. You can get pretty good deals. I booked three or four weeks ago.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  5. LA Guy

Huh. I've never used either. Some people like Priceline for deals, but I would hate just being told "congratulations, you are now going to stay here!" Call me a control freak.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I check sites like Agoda and Priceline but then always book through the hotel's own website. The deals are almost always the same but you get the rewards points which some places don't let you have if you book through another site.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

@the shah interesting use of dokinchan to close your post... she's not as nice and friendly as she looks - but then again, maybe you knew that ;)

2 people like this.
  8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Wtf @gdl203 is all knowing about all topics.

5 people like this.
  9. msg

msg Senior member

@la guy is the Monitaly project the pants you've mentioned? Also, is there a leather jacket project?

10. LA Guy

The pants and a jacket, in the same material. It is supposed to be being sampled now.

Leather jacket project is on hold for the time being, but I will do something else if that one doesn't pan out. So, what Drew did was smart, but very hard to scale. He essentially channeled the collective energy of a bunch of people who could, if so inclined and so directed, produce good leather jackets, to do so. You see a crap load of these stores all over the place. They are capable of doing pretty decent construction (not incredible and awesome, but very serviceable, but left to their own devices, you get terrible designs in worse leather. Because someone who can make something often doesn't have great taste levels. So, you need someone like Drew to work with them to create something that is, in the grand scheme of things, very high on the taste scale. That is worth a ton of money. Working with a designer brand and a factory has it's own, other, set of issues. Anyway, I'm working my way through or around that.

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

gdl watched anpanman?

12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

apparently anime is very popular in italy too

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

14. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Isn't Greg's wife Japanese? I would assume his kids watch all this stuff on recorded vhs tapes/dvds. Maybe some Doraemon here and there....

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  15. gdl203

Ha yes the kids have been watching Anpanman and other DVD since they were little. I grew up watching Goldorak.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    3 people like this.
  16. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Do they watch Dragon Ball/Z? I grew up with Pokemon. Still waiting to find out who's Ash's father, and when he'll encounter Ho-Oh, again.

17. gdl203

No but they watch a lot of Pokemon. That show was completely foreign to me, but I was a little taken aback by the premise of adorable looking and sounding creatures enslaved by teenagers and trained to fight one another for fun. It's like Fight Club for Care Bears : the Mexican cock fight episode.... And everyone seems to find that normal

7 people like this.
  18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Lost out on an eBay auction and am legit sad about it. Usually if I don't win it's whatever but I seriously regret not putting in a higher max bid [​IMG]

19. LA Guy

In other news, this thread is getting too long to load well. I will probably take the last 50 posts or so, and move them all to a new thread, and close this one, over the weekend.

Cheers,

Fok.

20. rms340

rms340 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.