• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly no-one had any idea that perspective existed.

EDIT: Moving on, has anyone seen these Carven fw13 tees/sweatshirts with prints by Michael Wolf?

From Oki-Ni: "Inspired by work spaces, Carven have collaborated with artist Michael Wolf on a selection of designs for AW13. This t-shirt is printed with an image from his Transparent City series- a collection of voyeuristic photographs depicting high-rise cityscapes."

I thought Givenchy and (post-McQueen) McQueen had put me off all-over prints, but I like this. It reminds me of Collateral when Jamie Foxx sees Tom Cruise stalking Jada Pinkett Smith in the office building from outside.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized that the only two pairs of non-indigo denim that I actually wear had a Robert Geller hand in them - one pair is a pair of Cloak oversized peglegs from 2004. the other is a pair of black cinchback jeans from 2011. Oi. And I have plenty of other pants. Just not worn...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Left hollywood at 1130 and got stuck in a chp freeway shutdown to clear some **** by staples on the 10, furious we managed to get out of it and then flying down the 5 got stuck in another ******* freeway shutdown. Pulled a jack move, exited real quick as the blockage was formed all of a sudden, went down olympic then jumped on this street leading to the 710S onramp and what do you know onramp shut down there too wtf. Drove down random surface streets in east LA shadowing the 5 and found an isolated onramp while checking the street grids on my nav. Absolutely ******* ridiculous, god knows how long everyone was stuck in that ****.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Left hollywood at 1130 and got stuck in a chp freeway shutdown to clear some **** by staples on the 10, furious we managed to get out of it and then flying down the 5 got stuck in another ******* freeway shutdown. Pulled a jack move, exited real quick as the blockage was formed all of a sudden, went down olympic then jumped on this street leading to the 710S onramp and what do you know onramp shut down there too wtf. Drove down random surface streets in east LA shadowing the 5 and found an isolated onramp while checking the street grids on my nav. Absolutely ******* ridiculous, god knows how long everyone was stuck in that ****.

I assume the 405 to the 10 wasn't an option.

Wasn't meant to be serious. I know nothing about Los Angeles roadways.

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Do not miss this about LA
Who am I kidding I'd move back in a heartbeat.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a term for one who buys stuff on sale and then tries to flip it?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ssense just sent an email out about their interview with the GIF artist who made those sale gifs lol!!

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is there a term for one who buys stuff on sale and then tries to flip it?

dickhead

Business-minded
Opportunist
Clever
Money-hungry
Capitalist
There are many descriptors one could use

If I'm wrong in my assumption please forgive me and ignore this, but...Is this because of the whole sz debacle? I don't get it, everyone else had the opportunity to buy them on sale, and nobody is forced to pay the asking price. Sounds like an undue sense of entitlement...

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ssense just sent an email out about their interview with the GIF artist who made those sale gifs lol!!

If there's a better use for $5k+ worth of software, I haven't found it.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Business-minded
Opportunist
Clever
Money-hungry
Capitalist
There are many descriptors one could use

If I'm wrong in my assumption please forgive me and ignore this, but...Is this because of the whole sz debacle? I don't get it, everyone else had the opportunity to buy them on sale, and nobody is forced to pay the asking price. Sounds like an undue sense of entitlement...

I actually had someone buy one of my old DH leathers and flip it....

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't understand your point, if someone was willing to pay more there was nothing preventing you from asking for a higher price.

Personally I never try to profit unreasonably, usually aim for breaking even whenever possible, and have often hooked up good prices for the homies.
But that's just me and I'd never presume to force my views on anyone else, however seemingly unjust the business model may seem...oh well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads