1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Maybe it's just stores listing them all as slim. Are any of those looser up top with a taper? Maybe the sport?

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

You know maybe the theme this season is slim denim. YOOX has 3 of the regular cuts which are fuller through the leg, typically 7.5 hem and up. I have never purchased a sport cut

Mmmmm...loose up top with a taper would depend man, some slims fit loose up top while other regular cuts (if you size down) will be loose up top with a bit of a taper. Have to try one out for yourself and see

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

accidentally getting my dick caught in my zip fly once was enough to get me to be a button fly convert.

2 people like this.
  4. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

Especially when you go commando like myself. I still have nightmares about the scene from theres something about mary

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

hahahahahhahahaha incredible

2 people like this.
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

How can you possibly go commando in that swamp that you call home?

1 person likes this.
  7. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

I always say this, but thats how I justify my $750+ Virgin Wool Margiela pants man....you have to feel your balls rub on some virgin wool on a nice day

Love my hot ass state of Florida but I like the heat

Underwear is a pain in the ass (and hotter) for me, riding up and showing up out my pants, nah man no thanks

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  8. LA Guy

As someone who hates the sun and becomes miserable if it's over... 70 or so, I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

6 people like this.
  9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Senior member

You hate the sun? Jesus man, let me invite you to St. Barts to lay in the shade at Eden rock with some tacky drink

10. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

So my friend and I went out the other night, and she wasn't too keen on my hoodie and shorts combo. she said it looks sloppy and doesn't blend well. I've heard other people say this too, but I think I pull it off well. what do you guys think?

from the other night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. LA Guy

I hate the intense sun. I like diffuse sun.

I'll invite you to the western fjords of Norway. We'll take a boat all the way up north of the arctic circle, go hiking in the mountains, and when we're completely exhausted, drink good vodka and eat a freshly caught cod cooked with butter and shallots with dark rye bread with plenty of butter.

2 people like this.
  12. LA Guy

First of all, I recommend shoes. They really elevate pretty much any outfit. Second, what were you doing? If you are just chilling on the beach, having a beer, a hoodie and shorts seems pretty practical. It's definitely not an outfit that will blow anyone's mind. If you are doing anything else, maybe... change out the pants for some long pants?

2 people like this.
  13. LA Guy

@Soprano28 - I guess that the real question is, do you care? And if so, to what degree? Right now, you are in the "barely think about it" mode. A lot of people here are deeply into fashion. Others just want to look nice. Barely anyone is in the "I don't care at all" category.

1 person likes this.
  14. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Put simply, you look like the average guy who doesn't really care or think much about what he wears.
    Regarding if it blends well or if you pull it off well, the answer is probably that you can't really even use terms like that for such non-descript pieces.

If you want to improve greatly with minimal effort and budget, just go to Uniqlo and get 2 pairs of jeans (skinny tapered model) in black and blue, a couple plain white t-shirts, a few oxfords (white, grey, blue) and lastly maybe two sweaters and a zipped hoodie.

(You will still look pretty average as far as outfits go but atleast it will look good)

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I love Margiela GATs, nice leather and I like no-laces for summertime, but wish they were just a little bit sturdier. I guess it's unrealistic to expect sneakers to last that long, but mine always need a repair after a year (the inside heel blows out) and the soles are worn through within two. My CPs have all lasted twice as long with no need for repairs

2 people like this.
  16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Wow, this really makes me realize just how elevated the level of knowledge and passion here is versus 5 years ago.

1 person likes this.
  17. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

we were just wandering around Santa Monica. I actually did have flip flops, but they were extremely uncomfortable so I took them off and left them in the car. is that really a big deal? lol

I like simplicity, and I like my clothes to match nicely. I think the colors go well...I just want to know why so many people are against the hoodie and shorts combo, I've heard it a lot for some reason.

18. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

this is me wandering around a town near the beach. I don't need an oxford shirt or pants lol. I wear those in the appropriate times...this is casual! meaning shorts and flip flops.

19. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Simplicity =/= "laziness"(as in looking like you do not give a single thought about your outfit)
    What I suggested you buy and wear is "simplicity" (simple but nice pieces that easily work together).
    What you're wearing is "lazy". Colors may be alright together but it's hardly groundbreaking that grey works with black. Disregarding that however your hoodie really is whatever and your shorts are plain ugly.

Like I said, you look like the average dude who doesn't care about what he wears, since it looks bad.

Maybe you've simply come to the wrong place, but the majority here dress "casual" and there isn't anyone here who wear flip flops or shorts that look like that.

So, either you can listen to the people in your life who tell you it doesn't look good + members on a forum literally dedicated to style/fashion/whatever and try to improve, or well, not do that.

20. Soprano28

Soprano28 Senior member

lol

and wearing oxford shirts and jeans and white t shirts is groundbreaking? why is that less lazy than what I'm wearing? I don't even know what 'laziness' means in this context.

I guess this topic is far too subjective to debate anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.