1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sipang

sipang Senior member

Ideally something lowtop but yeah I feel like Margiela should have something like that., can't see myself wearing BW sandals. I'm sure it'll be douchebaggy regardless.

Babouches could be the sensible option and I can get a pair down the street, hmmmmm

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

More belt chat: anyone recommend a good lightweight/low profile belt? I never purposefully "expose" my belt. I've been using a fabric/leather combo belt right now, but I've been using it for the last six or so years and I'd like something new and interesting. Any ideas?

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

Can anyone recommend a fairly minimalist laptop bag in black nylon that can fit a 15" MBP? Around $100 or so would be great, if possible.

4. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I always expose by belt, but... for a lightweight, unobstrusive belt, you don't do much better than a mechanic's belt, in which the buckle is covered. Billy Kirk has a pretty good one: http://www.eastdane.com/mechanics-b...&cvo_campaign=ED_Google_USD&s_kwcid=AL!3510!3!{creative}!{matchtype}!{placement}!{network}!!{keyword}&ef_id=U5pJewAAAaXHlS@v:20150422004252:s

Margiela often makes a belt that is pretty low profile/minimalist as well, and ime, it's pretty decent leather: http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/belt_cod46301851tw.html

1 person likes this.
  6. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

Of great irony of the "tech ninja" aesthetic is that people can hear your poly blends scuffing against themselves from 20 feet away. I suspect that with time one will accomplish complete stealth in these noisy poly blends and only then can one truly call oneself tech ninja! Until then you'll hear me scuffling down the walk ways...

Until then I'll avoid velcro.

7. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

devoa knows things about belt buckles.

[​IMG]

re: mechanic's belts, i like this one from makr a little more than the billykirk:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. zissou

zissou Senior member

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

FWIW Zissou made me a belt just like that Billy Kirk. Still using it =)

Thanks, @Zissou!

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Can't decide between a Lewis Leathers cyclone or a CCP scar stitch

11. LA Guy

A stud belt is pretty much the opposite of a mechanics belt. Instead of protecting whatever you are leaning up against from scratches, it ensures that a scratch will happen. Also, a single stud post belt is generally stupid - they just don't work - the stud falls out easily. I have an early one from Oliver Spencer that looks cool, but works crappy. I have another one that actually works, but it comes with a special stud. At least two studs, and ideally 3, are needed, for those things to actually hold. Rick made one with multiple studs.

12. LA Guy

Well, I'm probably picking up a CCP Scarstitch. A cyclone is pretty cool and distinctive too, though. For you. I'd pick the cyclone. You have lots of jackets with odd but cool finishes already.

13. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I'm currently waiting on restocks of both at the moment. I wish I could find a good scar stitch to try on, see how it works. The only one in town doesn't fit me. Two completely different jackets, but both appeal to me in their own unique way

Cheers for the belt recs, btw, that Billy Kirk looks right up my alley.

14. LA Guy

If you need a designer version, Lemaire does an interesting version (which I have) but it is not nearly as lightweight as the Billy Kirk. It is very minimalist though.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

close your eyes look deep inside you feel the dark side and pick the CCP scar sitich.

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

will there be ccp boots or a1923 boots to go along with the jacket?

17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah, lightweight and slim is my main priority, just want something that won't be obtrusive under a long, thin t-shirt

is CCP the dark side or is the badass motorcycle jacket the dark side? I can't even tell anymore haha

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

look inside your heart

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I'd appreciate it if you can share your thoughts in more detail here (Lemaire) about the belt (function, style, quality etc.). I'm both interested and I think it would make for a great contribution to the thread. I'm surprised and happy to see that you picked something up of his btw regardless that it is a belt. I think a lot of stores do a bad job of selling it FWIW.

20. LA Guy

Some Guidi 017, or beat up kicks. Maybe DIYed or margiela Chucks. I'm not a really big fan of the bulbous toe. I'll probably just incorporate the jacket into my version of a western look. I am always thinking of a scuzzbag driving on route 66, in the late 60s, and early 70s, in my ideas about how to dress. I suppose that it's fairly idiocyncratic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.