1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

welcome to the rabbit hole

3 people like this.
  2. rms340

rms340 Senior member

There's a reddit page (r/repsneakers) about replica shoes that I've browsed on occasion with some pretty good reviews and info on reputable sellers. Might be worth a shot.

3. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

yeah where do you live? i see clarks on the daily around here...

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

That's a hell of a definition of "forever". Looks like my order from last fall took a couple of business days, although I don't think people had freshly bloomed cherry blossoms to admire when I placed mine.

Thanks, I'll try to get over my arbitrary aversion to reddit and check it out.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

my order took forever to ship (literally a few weeks). they blamed it on one of their union specials being down and there being a backlog of denim that needed to be hemmed.

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Thank you! Please let me know if there was a situation you ran into that you wish the guide addressed. (open invitation to anyone, really)

7. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Was interested in bargaining with a dude on yjp who had both a "Buy it now"-button and "Make an offer" one, but FromJapan only brought up the "Buy it now" option when I entered the link
    So, is there any way to make an offer besides getting a yjp account?

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Contacting the shopping service directly. This is less convenient with FromJapan and more convenient with a service I'm shifting my purchases to (and soon, my guide). I'll address this in a future version.

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

really, so far so good.

10. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

@dieworkwear thanks for the PTO shoutout [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. accordion

accordion Senior member

i think i've seen geobaskets once, CPs maybe twice, I've seen every kind of bean boots though styled in every way possible.

1 person likes this.
  12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Melbourne gets about everything possible. See geobaskets at least 1 per day.
    I was standing at a crossing next to a girl and we were both wearing MMM painted gats.
    Saw M_Moria once, Paul harnden shoes 2-3 times, Guidi 10+, CCP surprisingly like 6 times, Carpe back-lace once, Old dude in Ann hightops, Old lady in raf x adidas, Cross-dresser in rick wedges, Visvim virgils looking out the window of my lab.
    Probs a lot more that I missed, and not counting SA's. It helps that I walk everywhere and used to live next to shops that would sell these labels

10 people like this.
  13. objection

objection Well-Known Member

So no one else is tired of seeing geobaskets? Maybe it's just a personal idiosyncracy...or perhaps i'm the patient zero of things to come? toppling stock prices...worldwide shoe burnings...hm? who knows

14. Francks

Francks Senior member

A quick thought about pants alterations.
    Generally when you ask a tailor to taper a pair of trousers, he/she will start from the knee to arrive at the desired measure at the hem.

Example (measurements laid flat)
    - initial: 20cm at the knee, 18cm at the hem
    - measurment required: 17cm at the hem. So he will start from the knee: (20cm), and reducing the leg opening progressively until 17cm at the hem by "plotting" a straight line from 20 to 17cm across the leg. So essentially all the leg from the bottom half gets slimed down.

So my question, are there other "usual" patterns used to achieve a taper like this (or stronget)? i.e. for example not starting from the knee but mid calf?

15. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I never liked geobaskets to begin with.

1 person likes this.
  16. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I've heard rumors that there might be another of you in a holding cell in Egypt. They don't know what to do with him and his wild and zany ideas besides lock him up. For the safety of geobaskets.

1 person likes this.
  17. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

geobaskets are kind of hideous but I somehow end up wearing them almost everyday because they're warm and have a zipper. also rick goes with more rick

18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

More hideous than drips???

19. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

whoops I meant 'kind of hideous'. And I duno drips have their own charm sometimes. Probably terrible to wear though.

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Was someone looking for those Jackson pollock uniqlo shirts? They have a ton by my house marked doen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.