1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Visvim artifact coverall from a couple years ago
    I used to wear it for farming/gardening, but now that I live in the city it sees a lot less wear

1 person likes this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Tan Cords and boots. Maybe a scarf. A boxy tee.
    Military style pants - baggy with a cinched ankle. FBTs or some sort of moc-thing (My Gris Mocs would work).

I like this sorta shit, of course.

5 people like this.
  3. nomad

nomad Senior member

give it to me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. objection

objection Well-Known Member

has anyone been "flagged" by grailed? just got sent an email with the following because their 'system' detected i had settled a payment offsite

Quote:
    how does someone have the nerve to send this? and lie outright to your face, as if fraud is the thing they're concerned about
    and what data are they using. are they digging through my pms, do they have a thing worked out with paypal?

5. objection

and this fucking, like, veritable culture of shameless lowballing and flaking. fuck that site... agh

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  6. msg

msg Senior member

Of course they're reading your PMs.

7. jet

jet Senior member

^this, common sense

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

They see that there is offer and acceptance and then if no payment goes through grailed, then they presume the transaction was completed through other means. It more efficient than reading through pms, although I am sure they do that for a laugh now and then.

This happened to me with a buyer who flaked after agreeing to buy my item. I waited for days for the "buyer" to pay through grailed then was flagged. I complained and was unflagged.

Since then I have had at least 4 non paying "buyers" on various items and not been flagged yay.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  9. objection

i never accepted an offer but someone gave me their email so i could send them fit pics. im guessing they probably check for email addresses

10. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

been flagged twice

i always assumed it was because i accepted offer, buyer paid me directly instead of via grailed, and then i deleted listing.

Their help is useless tbh. The first time i tried buying something was from an international guy. I went to paypal via grailed and for some reason couldnt pay. So i gave up on it. An hour later i get an email from the owner of the site saying he sees that i tried to pay but couldnt finish the transaction and asks me if i needed help. I explained that my payment wasnt going through for whatever reason. No response from him. A day later, he sends an email asking me if i got it resolved...

11. LA Guy

Unless they have a ton of funding and an enforcement arm, they can't do shit to help you. Paypal is much better. Arun just wants data on the transactions taking place. Of course, he won't tell you, because he really, really cares about getting that data, and tell you "I need you to do this so that I can get your data" is not really going to get that job done.

So, serious question. Would you guys want something like that on Styleforum? I mean, it would be nice to get some idea of the volume of sales going through our B&S section. Would not be mandatory, and I don't feel like flagging people, but it would be convenient if you want to use it. of course, since I don't directly do development, I certainly can't guarantee it could be done.

12. objection

from what i've heard, they get the 4% from every transaction that would have otherwise gone to paypal if you did it directly (which is half why i'm so outraged at their wording in the email)

i rarely go on here personally but im always for alternatives to ebay listings... grailed hasn't gone anywhere in terms of ui in a while

13. LA Guy

I can't imagine that Paypal would allow this, but they might have a piece of his business - it's obviously impossible to say.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

a pair of pants came in the mail today. same pair i ordered before.

was a bit saddened that this time they fit particularly snug. i hung my head a bit and thought about not going to the gym for the past 3 months finally caught up with me.

to my relief i found out that the new pants measure half an inch smaller. one of the uncertainties i guess with mass produced RTW--zero consistency.

going to continue enjoying this dark chocolate almond milk

[​IMG]

one of the reasons why i fell in love with the Lemaire Kaftan coat was the fact that it concealed my entire body. it's like a security blanket

1 person likes this.
  15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I've never sold anything on the SF B&S but 90% of the time the same thing sells within a week for a higher price on grailed, so yeah I would be all for a change of the B&S set up.

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I don't think that money goes TO grailed, just through grailed to paypal.

I like the Grailed UI a lot (and the selection of items, once you filter, is great) but the feedback system needs work. Making an offer commits you not at all, so the flakes run amok.

17. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Grailed should institute Dignity Points. You gain them when you ship stuff on time, make reasonable offers, etc. You lose them when you flake or low-ball. When a member's points drop to a certain level, all his listings and PMs appear in bright yellow Comic Sans.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    14 people like this.
  18. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I just think SF should follow the payment system on Discogs.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've never used it so excuse the potentially stupid question but : if people like the UI and free service provided by Grailed, why would anyone want to circumvent their payment system, which is the way they keep the site running? Is there an added cost for the user? If you like something, you want it to stay alive, no?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  20. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Are people circumventing the system? The last page gave me the impression that most circumvention cases were false alarms. But yeah, the only reason I can think of to work outside of Grailed would be to avoid PayPal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.